A Night of Neglect ( What! Lets not.)

Your POV

In the choir room Mr. Schue was writing in the board and then turned around and looked at us, " All right we need five thousand dollars to pay for our trip to nationals in New York." he says " What happened to the money we got from the Cheerios?" Quinn asks " I guess Sue was hiding it in offshore accounts in the Cayman Islands. And we're having some Tory or accessing some of it. Any of it." Mr. Schue says and i look back at Quinn " What the hell." I mouth to her and she shrugs her shoulders and I look back in the front " This is saltwater taffy." Mr. Schue says " I love saltwater." Brittany says and i look at her " When I was a student here, we paid for our entire trip to nationals selling this. Classroom to classroom, door to door. We sell this stuff like crack." Mr. Schue says and starts throwing the taffy at some people " And so will we. So to make five thousand dollars at twenty-five cents apiece, we need to sell twenty thousand pieces of taffy." he says then I looked at it the problem again then i looked at Quinn " Dont even start getting all nerdy right now." she mouths to me and I turn around " Wait. Do you honestly thinking have can sell twenty thousand anything's? I mean we won regionals for the first time since dinosaurs roamed the planet and i still got a freaking cherry ICEE facial." Santana says " Yeah, Santanas right. Nobody cares about us." Quinn says " I can't listen to this." Mike says and grabs his bag and gets up " Mike, are you okay?" Mr. Schue asks " No. You guys complain all the time about being mistreated, but you have no idea what it's like to work your butt for something and have everyone, even your friends, ignore you." Mike says and i rub my temples " Artie, Tina, Britt and I are in the Brainiacs." Mike says " Isn't that the Academic Decathlon team?" Rachel asks " We have one of those?" Finn and I ask " Yes, we do. And the four of us went on the Smarty Pants Show and beat Carmel High to go to the Academic Decathlon finals next week." Artie says " Congra-" I was saying and then Quinn hit's the back of my head " Hey! That was rude." I say and she leans in close to me " You need to shut up and talk when it's an appropriate time. Got it Hudson?" she says " Yes ma'am." I say " Good girl." she says. Wow i- angry Quinn is so attractive. I feel a little hot on my face right now. This interaction will be playing in my head all day and all night. " You guys were on TV? Why don't you tell us about it?" Sam asks " We did." Artie, Brittany, Tina, and Mike says " Um no you didn't because I would've remembered and watched it." I say and the four of them look at me " Wait. I get the three of you being on the team." Mr. Schue says " Because two of them are Asian and Artie wears glasses?" Puck asks and I turn around and look at him and he shrugs his shoulders " No. But Brittany?" Mr. Schue says " Liz Schneider was our fourth, but she got rubella." Mike says " Her parents are hippies who don't believe in vaccinations." Tina says " Brittany's the only person we could find on short notice. We bribed her with dots. That Sunshine Corazon that Rachel sent to a crack house was on the other team. Luckily, we had our own secret weapon." Artie says and I look at him " Sadly we can't afford to go to the finals, so, we're gonna have to forfeit." Artie says " Why don't you just have your parents pay for it?" Rachel asks " Because we shouldn't have to. We're a school club. The school should pay for it. It's a matter of pride." Tina says " You guys are absolutely right. How much on you need to make the trip?" Mr. Schue says " With gas and motels, if we only ate Funyuns, uh two hundred - fifty dollars." Tina says and Mr. Schue grabs the marker and goes to the board " Which means... we just need to sell... more taffy." Mr. Schue says and I rub my temples. Aren't we gonna have fun selling taffy.

The next day at school in the choir room I was sitting in front of Santana and Quinn when Mr. Schue said " We're only gonna do songs by neglected artists." and I turn around and look at Quinn and Santana and they look at me then we looked back at Mr. Schue " Because it's a night of neglect." he says " Can you define what you mean by "neglected artist"?" Rachel asks " Um... someone whose brilliance isn't always appreciated." Mr. Schue says " Oh, so, you mean like me." Rachel says and I throw my head back and cover my face " I mean like all of us. All right, everyone, next Saturday night in our auditorium, McKinley Highs First Annual Night of Neglect fund benefit is officially a go." Mr. Schue says and most of the group clap.