PART 1

NOT PROOF-READ

VALERIAS POV

"Dad please don't make go their!" I yell with tears in my eyes, "It's better for you their mi hija" my dad says holding back tears. "No, please dad! We can make it work I promise! I'll do any thing to stay!" I say as tears start rolling down my cheeks. "Valeria, please go get packed I will take you to the airport in 2 hours." My dad said trying not to cry.

After 2 hours I was down stairs and ready to leave, you could tell I was crying because my eyes were all puffy.
"Te amo mi corazón" my mom says as she hugs my tight. "I'm going to miss you mami." I say trying not to cry, once my dad gets to the door he kisses my mom and signals me to go outside with him.

After we get my stuff in the trunk my dad goes to the front seat and I sit in the back, "you know I don want to do this right?" He says, "then don't I don't understand why I have to leave here!" I yell at him.

"Please understand, your mother is really sick right know and if we send you with your uncle I could go to work and straight to the hospital right after, plus we have no family here to take good care of you mi hija." He says thinking that will make it better.

"That doesn't help dad!" I yell back with a tone, "Listen, we really can't take care of you right know so you would be better of with your uncle Alvaro." He says trying calm me down.

"I barely know him, I don't wanna live with him!" You yell at him, "Trust me Valeria, your life will be better their then it would be here." Hey says.

You didn't respond to him do the rest of the car ride was silent until you got to the airport.

You both take out your luggage and walk to your gate, "I'm really going to miss you dad." You say, "mi hija it's only going to be a year or maybe even more." He says making it seem like not a big deal.

"Dad, that's going to be a long time! I'm really going to miss you." I say about to cry. "Go mi hija you have to get on the plane" he says shooing me away.

When I sat down in my seat I began to wonder, was it my fault my mom is really sick? With everything I asked for, was it to much?

I decided to clear my head by taking a nap, it took my about 10 minutes to fall asleep because I didn't sleep much the night before.

When I woke up I saw that we only had 15 minutes till landing, I was shocked because the plane ride was around 9 hours long.

When I got off the plane I was told to look for a sign with my name on it, I was looking around and u saw my uncle Alvaro with a big smile on his face jumping up and down so I would see him.

I smiled and walked over to him so i could greet him and his girlfriend. "Hola, tío Álvaro y María!" I hug both of them "Last time I saw you were a baby!" He says excitedly, "yea... because that was like 10 years ago..." I say to him.

" Oh... yea....right." He says making it awkward. "How about we take you to our home to see your room?" His girlfriend says breaking the silence.

"Yea I think you'll love your room and also tomorrow morning I scheduled a lunch with my team and their kids to see if theirs any you age!" My uncle says "That sound fun I guess" I say keeping my head down.

"Why are you so gloomy Valeria?" My uncle asked me, "I just know I'm really going to miss my parents. I say

" I'm sure you'll make friends here and I'll try to ask your parents to video chat once a week, ok?" He says trying to make me happy.

"That sounds nice I guess" I say.

TIME SKIP

Once we get to the house they help carry my bags to my room, "wow, this room is bigger than my whole kitchen and living room combined!" I say with excitement.

"I knew you would love it!" His girlfriend, Maria says. "It even has its own bathroom?" You say in shock "yep, how about you go to bed it getting late anyway".

Once they leave I  go shower, brush my teeth and get into my bed, I tried to sleep but felt a little homesick, it's only been a few hours since I saw my parents but, we were super close so it just felt weird to not sleep where you usually sleep, not get a kiss on the cheek from each of your parents, after thinking for a bit I finally drifted off to sleep.

Hi everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter and I can't wait for everyone to see the forest of the book!❤️