35.

Y/N

"I could fall in love, with you"

I heard Selena sing through my speakers as I was cleaning up and going through my room. The power then went out as I just sucked my teeth. The light bill was definitely paid the problem was the breaker kept acting up. I would call the maintenance man to fix it and he would come but it still does what it does and it's getting a bit irritating now. I pay money just like everyone else and my lights can't even stay on. There was a knock on my front door as I paused my music and headed for the door. I opened it as Donnie was standing there "it's hot as hell out here" he expressed as I laughed some. " this apartment is about to feel ten times worse in a couple of hours" I admitted.

"Your power went out again?" Donnie asked following me into the apartment as I just sighed. "Yes this is the fourth time this week" I admitted. "Fourth?!" Donnie questioned. "Yeah how was Rocky's appointment?" I asked "good. Don't speed past that like you didn't just say four times" Donnie brought up.
"Yeah four" I informed. "The fuck is he doing?" Donnie questioned as I just shrugged "I don't know" I said through a sigh. "Look and before you shoot the idea down just listen" Donnie started off as I just looked at him. "I got some money saved and making more money than I've ever have. Im at Rocky's place and you're having problems here with maintenance." He explained. "Let's go get a place together." He suggested.

"It doesn't have to be anything five star but you can't be up in here with no power because they're too lazy to actually fix the problem" Donnie explained. "Yeah I know" I admitted. "And you can have more space" Donnie suggested as I just looked around at my apartment with no lights on and no air circulating. "It's just a thought" he assured as I nodded and looked back at my stove "well I was going to make us some brunch but I got an electric stove" I brought up making him chuckle "let's go get some food" he suggested as i went to throw some shoes on and headed on the door.

"You ain't tell me you was going to be on the cover of men's health" I brought up making him smile. "Congratulations" I congratulated "thank you but that's like months from now" he added. "Still my baby is going to be on a cover of a magazine" I expressed making him chuckle. "What you want to eat?" Donnie asked "brunch" I answered. "Alright" he agreed as we picked a small diner and started making our way there. My phone begun ringing as I seen jasmine calling my phone. I immediately answered "hey Jas, what's up " I asked "hey. You and Adonis are trending" she informed as I scrunched my brows then looked over at Donnie as he looked at me with the same look. "What?" He mouthed. "We're trending" I said as he chuckled. "Why are we trending?" I questioned "well besides from your song being a hit the 24 hours out they seen you and Adonis leaving from the party last night together" Jasmine informed.

"People still suspecting we're a couple?" I questioned "well neither Adonis nor you came out about it" Jasmine brought up "because it's nobody else's business" I said through a small laugh. "Maybe it'll get you some more notoriety" jasmine suggested. "Be their black power couple like Russell and Ciara" jasmine added. "I don't want anybody to look at us like that. I don't want to set the tone for how everyone thinks their relationships should go based off of an instagram picture" I admitted. "I just want this to be me and him" I honestly concluded. "I know" jasmine started off "what you doing?" Jasmine questioned. "Donnie's taking me to brunch" I informed "mmmm okay I'm going to let you be with your man" she said as I could tell she was smirking on the other end. I just laughed some "everything good with you?" I questioned "yeah I'm good your sisters are just being annoying" she said trying to be funny. "Nah your sisters" I corrected as she laughed. "Hit me up later and spend some time with your man" she teasingly said the last part as I smiled. "Okay I'll talk to you later" I assured as we hung up.

"Everything straight?" Donnie asked "yeah she's just saying that media outlets and people are still trying to put two and two together about us but they really can't because we haven't came out and said anything" I admitted as Donnie looked over at me. "Do you want too?" He questioned. "I mean it's pretty obvious we hold hands in every picture and niggas in Philly always see us together" I admitted. "They want a sex tape clearly" I joked as Donnie chuckled. "I don't know about all of that" he started off grabbing the door for us. "What? You don't want a sex tape of us?" I jokingly asked. "Don't threaten me with a good time" he said immediately making me laugh.
We then got seated and begun looking at the menu. 

"I got a fight out in LA coming up if you're down to go" Donnie brought up. "Yeah when?" I asked interested. "In like three weeks" he informed. "Good because I get to see your mother" I brung up as he chuckled. "Just fuck me huh?" He asked as I laughed. "You know it's going to be about you that whole entire weekend even if your mother is there" I assured as we shared a small laugh and a man came up to the table. "can we help you with something?" Donnie questioned. "Can I have a picture with you?" He asked as I looked over at Donnie with a smile. "He wants a picture with you" I started off "nah with you?" He corrected as I just looked at him "me?" I questioned confused. "Yeah" he said as I looked at Donnie and started standing up.

The guy then pulled his phone out as we took a picture together. "I can be your Husband" the man suggested "she all good bro" Donnie interrupted as I gave off a fake smile and he walked back to his table. "My husband?" I asked Donnie as we shared a small laugh and I sat down. "I don't know You might have to start moving with security" Donnie said as I just sighed and looked at him. "When I'm not around" he added. "Security is crazy I'm not even up there to even be moving like that you know?" I asked. "You do know your song is charting at #2 on billboard?" Donnie brought up as I scrunched my brows. "The song came out a day ago, how?" I asked. "Why do you do that?" Donnie asked with a smile as I smiled back. "What?" I questioned. "Although you have people who been in the game YEARS co-signing you, you're signed to one of the biggest labels and your new song is at #2 you managed to still look at yourself like the life you're about to live isn't yours" he explained. "Like you didn't put in work and don't deserve the recognition behind it" Donnie added.

"I don't know I just feel like I got so much more to go, I was just doing performances at a club earlier this year and now my song is number 2 on billboard hot 100, there in talks of me performing at the VMA's this year and I just been told last night I've been nominated for 3 BET awards" I admitted as he smiled. "You're also number one on the billboard chart as well" Donnie said as I looked at him. "What?" I asked confused. "Be without you" is number one while "Ring The Alarm" is number two" Donnie said then pulled out his phone as I looked at the chart in disbelief. "Your competition is you" Donnie said as I just smiled and handed him back his phone.

"Me personally I feel like we need to celebrate but that's just me" he said placing his hands back as I laughed. "Celebrate and do what?" I asked through a small laugh. Donnie then shrugged. "Go take a trip somewhere for a couple of days" he suggested. "Like L.A. or Florida?" I asked. "Or Like Cancun or the Bahamas" he added as I smiled. "D come on" I started off as he laughed. "What you not trying to be on an island with me?" He asked as I laughed. "We got work and I don't want you spending your money on that" I said looking back down at my menu. "We leaving tomorrow" Donnie said as I looked up from my menu. "What?" I asked as he slid his phone over to me and I seen two flight boarding passes to the "Bahamas". "We're only going to be out there for four days, I know you got things to do" Donnie informed as I smiled. "Are you for real?" I asked as he chuckled. "Yeah the AC shouldn't be going out while we out there" he joked as I giggled. "Shut up" I said making him chuckle. I then just looked at him and smiled. "Thank you" I thanked. "You know I got you" he reminded as I smiled drinking some of my orange juice.