40.

(3 months later: September)

Y/N

"This is Y/N's 20th week charting at number one with "Ring The Alarm" and "Be without you" coming right behind it at number two" I heard the radio personality speak as I was in the SUV riding with my team to my rehearsal for the VMA's which was tonight. "After her performance at the BET awards back in June she has definitely set the bar high for other artists in general around her age. Everyone was doubting her stage presence and not only was her stage presence on point but so we're her live vocals. I am definitely ready for her performance tonight" the other radio Personality expressed as they both agreed with each other. "She's definitely coming into the game swinging and I love that because she can sing her ass off" the woman started off. "we haven't seen anyone come into the game like this in such a long time especially when it comes to a black woman in pop" she added as they both agreed and the SUV came to a stop.

The door opened as I got out hearing my phone vibrate. I looked down seeing my mother calling me. I immediately answered placing my phone to my ear. "Hey momma you landed?" I asked. "Yeah it's hot as hell out here" she stressed as I laughed. "But it ain't as bad as Texas" she admitted as I agreed. "I don't know it's kind of nice out here and I'm closer to you" I said looking at the palm trees while walking into the building where we were practicing at. "You thinking about moving to LA?" My mother questioned. "Eh maybe but not now because they're not about to break my pockets" I joked hearing her laugh some. "I'm good where I'm at give it like two or three years and maybe Donnie would want to move out here" I explained.

"So how's you and Donnie?" My mother questioned "we're good. He had a fight last night out in Vegas and he's out there training now so I'm going to just meet him out there tomorrow and we can celebrate" I explained. "Oh okay don't celebrate too hard now" she warned as I giggled. "Trust me momma I got too much work to put in before I have a baby" I assured her hearing her laugh some. "Although I don't mind, I'm ready to be a grandma" she expressed as I giggled and shook my head. "You still not sounding too good Y/N how's your head?" My mother asked concerned. "I'm in pain honestly" I admitted taking a sip of my tea. "Y/N I don't think you need to go out there and perform if you not feeling good" my mother admitted. "I don't want to let everyone down" I honestly said. "Hella people have been looking forward to me performing tonight, they were just even talking about it on the radio" I explained. "Y/N you have to take care of yourself first" she stressed. "In fact give me Shawn Carters number myself" my mother started off as I immediately shook my head. "Nu-uh" I started off. "I'll see you at the hotel in a couple of hours I have to go practice I assured.

"If you not feeling good you got to let me know" Sarah said rubbing my back. "My head is killing me " I stressed. "Did your fever break from last night?" Sarah questioned me. "Yeah but i checked earlier and it came back so I took some Motrin to break it again. "If you don't cancel We might have to cut down your performance time or something because you don't even look good." Sarah said looking over me. "Go have a seat and let me make a phone call" she instructed as I did as told. The choreographer was working with the dancers as I just sat there watching them. My phone started ringing as I seen Donnie trying to face time me. I answered it and just looked down at the screen.

"How you feeling?" Donnie asked "I have a bad headache" I admitted. "It's a migraine baby, you need to sit out for tonight" he instructed as I shook my head. "Y'all are telling me that but people are looking forward to seeing me perform tonight" I started. "Yeah and you have a migraine along with a fever" Donnie brought up as I just sighed to myself and looked away from the camera. "I'm sure You'll be able to perform for the AMA's in November just relax and take the time out for yourself Y/N." Donnie explained. "Maybe I'll cut down the performance instead of not performing at all" I suggested. "All the money, time and energy already went into the production I mine as well perform just cut it down" I explained.