86.

December

Adonis

Amara was crying on the baby monitor as I got up from the couch since that's where I've been at since Y/N came back home. I walked in Amara's room and picked her up noticing she needed to be changed. "You know when daddy is on duty, don't you?" I asked before laying her back on the changing table to change her. Since we picked Amara up from the hospital yesterday morning Y/N's been mostly taking care of her due to breast feeding and just being paranoid as a mother so I told her to rest tonight and I'll take care of the baby.

I finished changing her and laid her back in her crib to tie up the dirty diaper and throw it away. Once I disposed it I went to wash my hands and went back in Amara's room to try and bounce her back to sleep.

She was quiet but I did want her to go back to sleep because I wanted to eventually be sleep too

She was quiet but I did want her to go back to sleep because I wanted to eventually be sleep too. "I know you're not hungry so what's the problem?" I asked as she just looked up at me and stared. I smiled and placed a kiss on her forehead walking out of the room with her. I walked into the living room and sat down on the huge sectional couch we had.

"We're not going to bed are we?" I asked her as she laid on my chest trying to lift her head up like she was grown. "What they feed you while in the hospital?" I questioned watching her. She was the size of a new born and was trying to lift her head. I picked my phone up, reading the time. "3:03 A.M". I placed my phone back down. "Merry Christmas princess" I said to Amara while rubbing her back softly.

Gravity eventually won over Amara causing her to just lay her head down on my chest. I continued to rub her back as I heard Y/N's slippers.  She then appeared as I moved my phone so she could sit down next to me. Amara tried to whine as I quickly spoke up. "Aht! Don't be doing that because yo momma right here" I said as Y/N giggled taking a seat next to me. "And Why you not in the bed?" I questioned looking over at Y/N as she giggled some. "I can't sleep" she admitted. "Apparently your daughter can't either" I said looking down at Amara on my chest.

"Merry Christmas" I said before looking over at Y/N. "Merry Christmas D" she said as I chuckled. "What?" She asked with a small smile. "You've been calling me Adonis for so long I forgot my nickname" I joked. "Shut up" she jokingly said as I smiled. "We can definitely go back to Adonis" she suggested. "Nah I'm good with D" I assured as she smiled. "Oh she's gone" Y/N said as I looked down at Amara knocked out with her pacifier in her mouth. "Here I'll take her" Y/N started off about to reach for her but I just gave Y/N a look. "Nigga" she started off "no because you ain't even supposed to be out here" i said. "You supposed to be in that bed sleep" I added before getting up with a now sleeping Amara.

"I just told you I couldn't sleep" Y/N said "then go do something, this is handled over here" I assured her as she placed her hand back and laughed. "You got it daddy" she said as I turned my head to look back at her. "Don't" I warned as she giggled. She KNOWS it's been a couple of months since we had sex between us and our situations along with me recovering from the fight and her having the baby it's been a cool little six almost seven months. But that was the last thing on my mind I wanted to make sure we were good and that Y/N was good.