39.

(Short chapter I'm sorry💕-A/N)

Y/N

"What you want for dinner Heavy weight?" I asked Donnie as we were in the grocery store walking around getting groceries for the apartment. "Mmm I like that" Donnie said placing his hand on my lower back as he came up behind me. "Stop" I said through a giggle grabbing some bananas. "Surprise me" he said tapping my butt. "Don't be doing that out here" I said through a smile as he chuckled grabbing some grapes. We went around the grocery store shopping then made it up to the registers waiting for the people that was already ahead of us.

"Uh oh!" I expressed coming across Donnie on the cover of Men's health magazine issue for this month.

"my man, my man, my man" I said making him smile hard. "Oh you blushing?" I asked as he chuckled and took the magazine from my hand. I quickly took it back looking at it "not your beard coming in" I hyped as he chuckled. "When we get home it's coming off" he assured as I frowned "why?" I asked "because it grows in weird as hell and it acts like it doesn't want to grow correctly" he explained. "Oh, I got the remedy for that" I said waving him off and taking the magazine from him. "What?" He asked looking down at me. I then motioned him to come closer to me as he brought his ear to my looks. "I'll just sit on your face" I said as he just started laughing.

"My baby look good" I said placing the magazine in the cart to buy. We were next as we begin placing the food on the counter so the cashier could ring us out. Donnie placed all the bagged up items back into the cart and once all the items were in the cart he handed me got card. "D" I started off "girl" he started then just quickly placed it into the chip reader. I sucked my teeth stepping to the side just looking at him as he took his card out and looked down at me before beginning to push the cart.We started walking out of the grocery store as I could tell Donnie's whole demeanor changed. We walked out to the black SUV as the chauffeur opened the door for us to get in then proceeded to place the bags of groceries into the trunk of the SUV.

I just sat there waiting for him to speak but he didn't say anything he just sat there and looked out the window clearly pissed. I was about to say something but my phone started ringing and I looked down seeing my manager Sarah trying to reach me. I looked over at Donnie before placing the phone to my ear. "Hello?" I answered "hey" I greeted. "Hey so I got some good news" she started off as I smiled. "What's up?" I questioned. "BET wants you to perform for their awards show and you were nominated for one award and that's best new artist" she informed. "But" she started off as I sighed. "You only have one month to get everyone and have your performance together" she admitted. "Okay" I agreed. "So there will be a meeting at ten tomorrow morning with your team at the label so please be there" Sarah informed. "Okay I'll be there" I assured before we said our goodbyes and I hung up.

"Everything good?" I heard Donnie ask. "Yeah you good?" I asked looking over at him as he continued looking down at his phone. "Yeah I'm straight" he simply said. We soon got back to the apartment as we placed the bags on the counter and before I could turn around Donnie went into the bedroom. "D" I called out just seeing my purse and keys on the counter before walking into the bedroom. "Donnie what's the issue?" I asked. "Nothing I'm straight" he lied. "Is it about what happen at the supermarket?" I questioned. "Y/N just leave it alone" he instructed. "No I want to understand Donnie" I expressed as he just looked up at me from unplugging his phone. "You're my woman right?" He questioned as I nodded. "Then let me take care of certain things Y/N" he stressed. "Donnie I don't want you to feel like it's all on you when it's both of us. You have to see where I'm coming from" I explained.

"Baby girl I just want you to let me take care of you" he said as I just looked at him. "Okay" I answered "okay?" He asked as I nodded. "I can't argue with you when you want to take care of things as a man" I admitted. "But what do you want me to do?" I asked him. "Just Keep doing what you're doing" he assured as he stood up and I looked up at him.  "Alright" I said as we just shared a kiss and he walked out of the room. I felt kind of defeated in a way but I knew I had to allow him to take control in some way because I can't always be in control.

I changed into some sweats and a t-shirt beginning to play music and started on dinner. I cleaned the raw chicken tenders along with the rice and broccoli and started seasoning the food.

___________

We were finished eating dinner as Donnie cleaned the kitchen and I was getting ready for my meeting tomorrow morning. I pulled out the clothes I was going to wear then went to start my shower. "Babe" donnie called out "yeah" I averted continuing to do what I was doing. "Baby girl" he said walking fully into the room. He then grabbed my hand softly as we looked at each other. "Yes" I said looking up at him "what's going on?" He questioned as I shook my head. "Nothing I'm okay" I assured. "No you're not, talk to me" he calmly said. "I don't want to go to bed not talking" he admitted as I shook my head. "Nothing I'm okay I just have to let you be a man and take care of me" I openly admitted. "And it's hard but I have to trust you and not interfere" I honestly said.

We shared a small smile as we wrapped our arms around each other. "I didn't mean to get upset like that and push you away" he started off "I'm sorry" he apologized as I smiled. "I know, it's okay" I assured him feeling him kiss my head.