8.Finding a way forward

Olivia

I arrived at the restaurant early, still feeling unsure about meeting Logan. He has been avoiding him since our last encounter. I bet Jamie's threats had worked on him.

I spotted him sitting at a table by the window and made my way towards him. He stood up as I approached, a smile on his face.

"Hi Miss Olivia," he said, holding out a chair for me. "Thanks for coming."

I took a seat, feeling a little nervous. "What did you want to talk about?" I asked, trying to keep my tone neutral.

"I came up with a solution," He began, leaning forward. "It's a bit unconventional, but I think it's the best way to keep both of our reputations intact."

I raised an eyebrow, already feeling skeptical. "What do you mean?"

"Well," he hesitated, "I will take you to my family house and tell them you're my friend's cousin sister who came for an internship and needed a place to stay. That way, you will be able to be taken care of and they won't assume we're involved romantically. Our secret will be safe."

I was taken aback, feeling my face flush with anger. "Absolutely not," I said firmly. "I won't pretend to be someone I'm not just to save your reputation." It's always about his reputation.

Logan sighed, looking defeated. "I understand how you feel Miss Olivia. But think about it, what will the society say if they found out about your pregnancy? Your reputation will be ruined,and it will affect your career prospects. This is the only way to protect both of us."

I sat there in silence, contemplating his words. He had a point. As unfair as it was, women were often judged harshly for their actions, especially in conservative circles. And I couldn't risk my career just because of one mistake.

"I don't think we should result to this. I can take care of myself pretty fine without your help"

"What about my reputation?"He blurted out.

"Reputation? It's only about your reputation. Are you afraid I will run my mouth to the public?" he was a bit taken aback by my outburst but later heaved out a deep breath. "Look here Miss Olivia, in this world we only care about ourselves. When we get bashed in the eyes of the world, no one will able to bring us back to our old self. And this is a win win situation. I'm not running away from my responsibility. This is me doing the needful"

An annoyed chuckle escaped me as I gulped down the glass of water in one go. "You're wrong Mr. Logan. We shouldn't  live to impress the world instead we should live for ourselves. That is the mistake a lot of people are making. We do things to impress people and not caring whether we're okay with it. If that's how you think, then I'm sorry, you don't have to take the responsibility. We don't have to contact each other again. Goodbye" I pulled the chair back and stood up. With my heart heavy, I exited the restaurant

I didn't look back. I couldn't. The weight of his words hung heavily on my mind, but I couldn't bring myself to agree to his plan. It just didn't feel right.

I made my way back to my apartment, lost in thought. I knew Logan was right about the society we lived in, but it didn't make it any easier to accept. I couldn't believe I was in this situation. I had always been so careful, so calculated. And yet, one mistake had led me down this path.

As I entered my apartment, my phone buzzed in my pocket. It was a message from Logan.

"I'm sorry Miss Olivia. I didn't mean to upset you. I just wanted to find a way to make this right."

I stared at the message for a moment, feeling conflicted. Part of me wanted to forgive him and accept his plan, but the other part of me couldn't shake the feeling that it was wrong.