60. Critical choice

Olivia

"Why exactly are you doing this, Grandma?" I charged forward as soon as Logan left the room.

"Why are you doing this to me ?" I let out again, my anger mounting. I didn't want to raise my voice, but she was making it hard to stay calm because she hadn't given any reason for her outburst.

"I have already made my decision. You are not going anywhere near him or his family," she retorted, her tone oddly calm, which made me even angrier.

An annoyed chuckle escaped me. "I won't leave Logan," I declared. Her eyes briefly widened before the same anger returned.

"You want me dead, then."

"What—" I was speechless at her words. I said nothing and only stared at the woman in front of me in confusion.

What was going on? Calm down, Olivia. You can sort things out. I mentally assured myself before moving forward and taking my seat next to her on the bed.

I reached for her cold hands. "Listen, Grandma, I love Logan with everything in me. He's my husband, my family, and everything. I can't leave him just because you harbor ill feelings towards him, which you aren't telling me. You can't decide who I should be with," I tried to explain.

She withdrew her hand from my hold, and the look in her eyes wasn't a bit pleasant. "You are out of your mind," she said.

"One can do anything for love, Grandma. I'm crazy in love with Logan. He's not just a boyfriend or a spouse. He's my husband. We are married. Please just give us your blessings. I'm happy with him. Isn't that what you want? To see me happy?" I still went on, holding her hand.

She didn't say anything and cast her head towards the other side. I lightly nudged her. "Hm? Please, Grandma. You're my only family, you know."

"You said it that he's your everything. Then go with him. Forget you have a grandma." A gasp literally left my lips.

I jolted up. "Seriously, Grandma, why are you being stubborn?" I didn't care if my voice echoed through the room. She can't just decide my life for me.

"You are the one being stubborn by not listening to me!" She yelled back.

"How do you expect me to listen to you when you gave me no reason why you hate Logan and his family? Did you and his father know each other? Did he kill someone you know?" I bombarded, my voice getting louder.

"If I tell you the reason, you won't be able to handle it. That man isn't a good man."

I closed my eyes and opened them again. "If I can handle carrying a baby for nine months, then I don't think I'm afraid of anything, Grandma. If you want me to leave Logan, you need to be clear about your reasons," I said, my voice getting calmer.

"This is not the right time to tell you. You are in your last month. I don't want you to fall into any complications during delivery."

"You are already making it complicated by not telling me. I need answers now!" I demanded.

"Get out!" She yelled out.

"I'm not leaving this room until you tell me what you're hiding from me. I deserve to know!" I charged back. Since she was being stubborn, I might as well exert mine.

Her eyes froze. "Grandma?" I called out, walking toward her bed. She placed a hand on her side stomach, and panic rose inside me as her breathing became uneven. "Grandma, are you okay?"

She jerked her hand away. "Don't touch me," she muffled out, her eyes blinking to and fro.

I poured her a glass of water. "Please drink."