70. One big family

Olivia

Three months later

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I saw a different woman. I knew I had changed both physically and emotionally within the span of a year, from the time I met Logan up to this stage. I couldn't be thankful enough. I had a good set of people in my life and a caring, loving husband like Logan.

Words couldn't express how grateful I was for having him in my life. Every day was a new discovery of him. Our love grew stronger with each passing day. And then came our little prince, Tristan. My eyes traveled to his sleeping figure on the bed. Three months had gone by so fast. Logan was actually serious when he said he'd pamper him. That was exactly what he did. Sometimes, I used to feel guilty when he stayed awake with me as we tried to put Tristan to sleep at night. But Logan would still insist that he doesn't mind. He wanted to be there for me and our baby.

As for the family, they showed immense support too, especially Amelia, who made sure to check my health every week. She had turned into my personal doctor. The bond of the family had also grown stronger. We laughed and conversed at the dining table. No more strict orders. Father played around with his grandchildren. The once boring Nero household had turned bright. I knew I had done a great job. My efforts and determination hadn't gone to waste.

A knock sounded from the door, followed by Logan's head popping in. "Are you still not ready?" He asked as he stepped in. The family had organized a party with only family members. No one informed me about it. I woke up and found a bouquet of flowers on the bedside with a card. Later on, Amelia and Sarah came to the room with shopping bags that contained a new set of clothes. I literally got emotional and shed tears.

I was really taken by surprise because I knew how much money was spent on the last event, which was Tristan's baby shower three months ago. It was a memorable day that would forever be engraved in my heart. The way I was showered with love. Grandma also showed up. Logan was the one who made that possible. He didn't tell me about his plan. We shared laughter and joy. Logan's father and Grandma seemed to have reconciled, judging by how they bonded during the event.

"I'm done. I'm just reminiscing the past," I confessed. Logan wrapped his arms around me from behind and rested his head on my shoulder. I placed my hand atop his.

"What were you reminiscing about?" He hummed.

Logan broke free from the hug and spun me around. "You look breathtaking," he said, leaning forward to plant a kiss on my forehead. The gesture I had gotten used to and would never get tired of.

"Our journey together. And thank you. You're not looking bad yourself. How is the preparation going downstairs? Are all the family members ready? And I'm still angry at you for not telling me about the party. Not even a hint." I withdrew my hand and sat at the vanity mirror in fake anger.

His chuckle resonated in my ears. "I love it when you pout."

I whirled my head and threw him a glare. "Suits you well."

"Well, you better calm down. I know you're faking it. I had to play along with the family's plan. They want to surprise you."

"But we had a party before. I don't want to stress them out. You have done so much for me."

Logan folded his arms across his chest. "Are they complaining? Do I complain?" He reached for my hand and took them in his while also boring his eyes into me.

"I don't mind spending all my money on you and Tristan. You two are my responsibility. So, stop saying I have done so much. This is literally nothing. You deserve all the love. You have brought light into the family. Allow us to appreciate your effort for bringing light to the Nero household." He cupped my face and ran his thumb on my cheeks.