61. My Pumpkin wife

Logan

"Please make sure everything is in order. You can inform Scott or Bernard if anything arises. I'm currently out of the city, so it might be hard to reach me. Thank you." I ended the call and heaved a sharp breath. I had been on a call for about ten minutes, discussing things with one of the contractors. Taking a break from work had allowed me to relax, and now I was eager for us to finish the meeting. Funny, right?

The reason for my eagerness was Olivia. She's going through a lot. After we arrived at her grandma's house, she broke down in tears. It was hard to calm her down; she gets emotional too quickly. At some point, I used to give the excuse that it was because of her pregnancy. Now that she's in her last month, I want to be there with her at all costs.

Honestly, when her grandma reacted negatively to my presence, I was nervous and scared. I understood her anger was justified. Anyone would react that way seeing their daughter or granddaughter appear out of the blue with a baby bump and a man claiming to be her husband, whom they have no idea about.

I thought that after explaining, she'd calm down, but I can't seem to understand why she kept telling me to leave her daughter. It was as if there was another reason behind it. I am willing to do whatever it takes to make her accept me. I will get her blessing no matter what. I know how important the woman is to Olivia. I might not know much about Olivia's family, but I know the woman is Olivia's only family.
Just like Olivia is important to me.

I fished out my phone once again and dialed a number. "Hello, Dr. Norman. It's been a while," I said, my eyes briefly scanning the quiet neighborhood.

"Logan? It's really been a while. How have you been?" Dr. Norman's familiar voice replied.

"I think it would be better if you see me, then you'd know whether I've been good or not. Are you free this weekend?"

"You and your words. Um... I do have a seminar this Friday, but I'm free throughout the weekend. Are you coming over?"

"Yes," I answered shortly. Silence engulfed the line for a while before Dr. Norman's voice came through again.

"I won't say I'm not curious regarding this unexpected call. But until we see. You know the address," he said. I stared at my phone as I processed his last words. There was no way I would forget the address. Not even in my dreams.

"Are you going to stand outside all night?" I was snapped back to reality by Olivia's loud voice. She was standing at the door of the house with her hands on her waist. She looked like an old woman.

"Coming," I shouted back before slipping my phone back into my pocket and sauntering towards her.

"You seem to be enjoying your call today," she remarked, passing me a look, or should I say a glare.

A smile curved up at my lips as I closed the door behind me. "It was an important call; I had to take it."

"From the company," I added, noticing how she was squinting her eyes at me.

"By the way, you're looking good in these outfits," I commented, assessing her body.

Blush crept up her cheeks. "I know, right? I always look good in anything. These are for my grandma. If she finds out I wore one of her clothes, she'd rant."

"It suits you. You look like a pumpkin," I said without thinking. My smile instantly faded at the look Olivia cast my way.

"No... I didn't..."

"Get out!" She screamed.

"I won't!" I screamed back. Her eyes widened, probably not expecting me to charge back equally.