69. Freedom at last

Logan

"It feels so good to be back at home. I've been away for just a few days, yet it felt like months. The aura of the house somehow feels strange," I uttered beside Liam

"I know, right?" He answered, I grabbed my seat on the living room couch. Liam followed suit. "Thank goodness work has been easier these days."

"Why?" I questioned, sparing him a look.

"Maybe Father has decided to free us. Scott hasn't been at the office for two days now. He's following your footsteps."

My lips curved up. "You guys should thank Olivia for stepping up for you. Her presence in this house has really made an impact."

Liam nodded his head in agreement. "You're right. You know, I don't know whether I should say this, but I had a crush on Olivia when she first came to this house."

My surprise was visible as I stared at Liam. "Don't attack me. I've worked on my crush. I'm not ready to get killed by you, especially since we found out you two got married. So, don't panic. I'm not planning on stealing your wife away, not with the way you two love each other. I envy you a bit," he said with a wink.

"Maybe if you loosen your guard a bit, you'll find your true love too."

Liam rolled his eyes. "I don't think I'm lucky with women. They always betray me one way or the other. They want what I have, not me. Fake love."

I patted him on his shoulder. "Not all of them are the same. Trust me, you'll find one. But don't toy with their emotions too."

"The way you did with Tiffany?"

I didn't know when a hiss left my lips. I had even forgotten I once dated a woman called Tiffany. "Tiffany is my past. I'm glad things didn't work out between us. I wouldn't have met Olivia. She is a blessing to my life."

"You're whipped, brother. Love has changed you."

"Trust me, you'll come to me one day and lament about how a woman stole your heart." We both ended up laughing. It was actually the first time Liam and I had a conversation that went smoothly as brothers. I'm glad things have changed in the family. The bond that wasn't there before is beginning to bloom, all thanks to Olivia.

"What are you guys laughing about?" Scott's voice sounded from the stairs.

"I'm giving Liam tips on how to court a woman. You know he's the only single bachelor who is yet to settle down with his own wife," I explained, earning a glare from him.

"Don't forget there's Collins."

"Forget Collins. That one is not serious about relationships. Are you sure he's not gay? I've never seen or heard him talk about a woman before. He's always confined in his own affairs."

"I had that thinking too, but you'll be shocked when he comes back home with a woman one day and claims her as his wife."

"Just like Logan took us by surprise," Scott added. I didn't answer them but instead cleared my throat.

"But seriously, Liam, it's about time you settle down. You're not getting any younger. You see we have an additional heir. Logan has joined in. Now it's just you."

"You guys should free me. I will take you all by surprise," he pointed a finger at the two of us.

Scott and I shrugged. "This is something you said five months ago, or was it a year ago? We haven't seen results up to now," I retorted again.

Liam heaved out a sharp breath. "You know what, I'm out of here. You guys won't kill me with interrogation." Scott and I chuckled as he stormed out.

"So, you're finally a father," Scott broke the silence that had prevailed in the room, making me lift my brows.