47. Plan in action

Olivia

"So, what do you guys suggest we start with?" I asked. We had gathered for our first meeting in Amelia's room. It was my first time entering another part of the house apart from Logan's room, the library, and my own room. Amelia's room carried the aura of a doctor. The medium-sized shelf consisting of all sorts of medical books was enough to give away that information. And there was also another rack carrying a medical box. I had scanned the surroundings in less than five minutes.

"I think we should begin by sharing our insights on the root of the problem first, and then we can come up with a reasonable plan. What do you think, Amelia?" Sarah clarified, her eyes darting from me to Amelia.

"You're right. The root of the problem is simple: Father," Amelia declared. Sarah and I nodded in agreement, acknowledging that she was right. What I appreciate about Amelia is her straightforwardness. She speaks her mind. It was evident when I first came to the house. She was straightforward about my pregnancy. I would have to say she was the first person to really open up to me back then, although not in a very serious way.

"Father is the one holding our husbands' independence. Not only the three men, but also us, the daughters-in-law. This is why we need to stand up before we end up being dragged down as well," I explained, proceeding to take the cup of tea Amelia had served. I didn't fail to notice that there were three cups on the tray, which means Amelia had prepared extra for me.

"I think I will soon be obsessed with this tea. You'll need to teach me how to make it," I said as I took a sip. The sensation soothed my nerves.

"Remind me to share the recipe with you after our meeting. It's a special method I use to make it," Amelia mused with a light smile. "So, let's start planning. What do you girls have in mind?" She added, intertwining her hands together in a serious manner.

"First things first, getting their attention away from work. They should take a break from the office," I suggested.

"Do you think Father will allow them to?" Sarah raised an eyebrow.

"Of course. But that will happen only if they stand their ground. Logan took a week off work. I'm sure if they want to, they can do the same," I replied. Sarah didn't seem convinced by my idea.

"Trust me, if we plan this out well, everything will go smoothly. And, like you said, Amelia, Father is the root of the problem. But the sons also have their issues. If they can show him that they won't allow him to keep chaining them down, then he has no choice but to comply. After all, they are the backbone of the company. Without them, the company won't be as successful as it is now," I explained, leaning my back on Amelia's bed. I somehow hoped my explanation would convince them. The skeptical looks in their eyes showed they weren't sure whether our plan would work out.

"Let's be positive, please," I said after a while, breaking the silence.

"I totally agree with you, Olivia. You have a point here. At least Logan is more open to this aspect than Scott and Bernard. So I think this will work. I have an idea," Amelia said, her smile still in motion. My excitement bubbled inside, curious about Amelia's plan in motion.

"Why don't we go on a trip?"

"Trip?" Sarah and I repeated at the same time.

Amelia nodded in response, her smile never wavering. "Going on a trip would mean they won't be at work. From there, we can figure out how to bring our husbands back to us," Amelia explained. As I pondered Amelia's words, she did have a point. It sounded like a good idea. The trip would not only strengthen the bond between the husbands and their wives but might also bring the brothers closer together.