44. Burning hearts

Logan

"So you're telling me that Olivia informed your family that you two are married?" Brian asked as he poured himself a glass of drink.

"I don't think what I said was too cryptic." I replied. I had just briefed him about everything, from how they found out about the pregnancy to Olivia's revelation at the dinner. "Wow. All of this happened and I wasn't aware. Am I really your friend, Logan?" Brian feigned hurt, leaning back on the couch with a pout. That reminded me of how the dinner ended last night.

I expected my family members to react strongly to Olivia's revelation, but all they did was remain silent. Except for Liam, who congratulated her. That kind of annoyed me because he was trying to be overly friendly with her. And Olivia made it worse by not paying attention to me again throughout the dinner. She didn't even cast a glance at me. And when I confronted her, she brushed it off, saying it was nothing. Liam was just trying to establish a bond with her. I'm not naive; I understand Liam's motives.

"I have no time for that," I answered, this time pouring myself a drink to distract myself from the matter. "Liam."

"Liam? What did he do?"

"I don't like the way he's behaving around Olivia. He was acting all buddy-buddy with her last night," I said with a hint of frustration.

What I didn't expect from Brian was his laughter. He always does that whenever I'm talking about something serious. I shot him a glare. "Stop it. I'm being serious here."

"Okay, okay, I'm calm now. But why does it bother you? He knows Olivia is your wife. I'm sure he won't try to flirt with her."

"Flirt?" I found myself repeating. Was he really flirting with her? The way he was smiling at her, though. "He better not."

"He can if he wants to."

"What? I don't understand you. Are we talking about me or about Liam?"

"Of course we're talking about you. Olivia is yours, and you have nothing to worry about." Maybe Brian was right. I shouldn't worry. After all, Olivia is my wife. We know where we stand. But then, why do I still feel uneasy?

Brian sensed my mood and continued. "Seriously, Logan, you shouldn't let all these things bother you."

"I know. But Olivia is tempting me. That woman—" I stopped to take a sharp breath. "She's making me think about her in every possible way. My brain doesn't function properly without her." Brian's lips curved up as he stared at me.

"You're finally admitting you have feelings for her? Last time I recalled, you declined that."

"That was because I wasn't sure about my feelings."

"Now you're sure. And the fact that your brother is acting friendly towards her is making you feel uneasy, and maybe a bit jealous."

"Yes, I am jealous. I don't want her with anyone. Not Liam or any other guy," I admitted. I don't think there's a need for me to pretend about how I feel about Olivia, especially to Brian. "I love her."

"Did you tell her?" I shot him a questioning look. "Do I have to tell her? Actions speak louder than words."

Brian leaned forward, intertwining his fingers together, taking a deep breath. "That's why you need someone like me in your life, to guide you on things like this. How would she know you love her if you don't speak it into words? You can't expect her to know by kissing her, hugging her, or doing things that make her happy. You need to be open about your feelings."

The way he was explaining, you'd think he's a love doctor. The same man who has been single throughout his bachelor's life. "Oh, is that so?" I said, contemplating his words. Do I have to confess to her?