24. Lunch date?

Olivia

For the life of me, my heart skipped a bit, but it wasn't someone from Logan's family who walked through the door. It's not like Logan and I are in some kind of secret relationship, although we do have a secret between us. Lisa came in with two cups of coffee, and I had completely forgotten that I had sent her to get them.

"Here's your sweet coffee, Mr. Logan," Lisa said, seemingly testing my patience with her emphasis on the sweetness.

"Thank you, Lisa," Logan replied, smiling as he raised the cup. The look they exchanged didn't sit well with me. As soon as Lisa was out of sight, I turned to Logan just as he was about to take a sip of his so-called sweet coffee.

"I want that," I blurted out, which wasn't what I had initially planned to say.

"You want what?" he asked, sounding uncertain if he had heard me correctly.

"Your sweet coffee."

"You must be joking," he chuckled. "You have yours. And you know drinking too much sugary stuff is not good for the baby."

I rolled my eyes at his remark. I know very well what's good for the baby. What does he even know about raising a baby? He won't be there when I'm battling with the pains and anxiety. I didn't utter a word and reached for my coffee, only for it to be snatched away by him. "What are you doing?"

"Thought you wanted mine?" he said with an amused smile playing on his lips. I bet he's enjoying getting on my nerves. I pulled my hand away, leaving the coffee in his possession, and stood up. "Enjoy them both."

The smile that was once on his face disappeared, replaced by a frown. "Why?"

Don't he get it? I closed my eyes and opened them again. "Because I don't want to," I said, not caring if my tone was harsh. "It's just that... I don't feel like talking to you again. I don't want to talk to anyone."

"You can go back to your office; we'll talk about this at home," I suggested. He reached out to hold my hand stopping me in my tracks. My eyes trailed from his hand holding mine back to his face. Something ran down my spine at his touch.

For a moment, I felt the warmth from his body. However, my thoughts were cut short by his voice. "I'm sorry."

My brows furrowed in question. "For?"

"You don't seem happy," he said. A smile broke at my lips without me even realizing it. He was still holding my hand. Somehow, I didn't want him to let go. "Who says so?"

He took a step forward, and my breathing almost caught in my throat at the close proximity. "You don't want my coffee," he stated, making me look at him. We stared at each other, and there was something about his eyes that held me, preventing me from pulling away. I never wanted it in the first place, I mumbled, barely recognizing my own voice. It was just a means of troubling him.

"Are you sure?" he said, his voice hushed, sending more shivers down my spine. If he took another step closer to me, my legs would give out. What the hell was I feeling beneath my heart? I needed to take a step back and maintain a distance, but I found myself glued to the spot with Logan boring his captivating eyes into mine.

"I... I don't have to be sure. It's not good for the body. You said it yourself."

And then, my stomach chose to embarrass me. Logan's eyes narrowed at me. Logan narrowed his eyes at me. "Did your stomach just make that sound?" he asked, a smile forming on his lips.

I recoiled, feeling the warmth I had once felt dissipate. "Feel free to laugh," I exclaimed, turning my face away. "As far as I know, it's not me" I always seem to do something that gives him a reason to tease me. Great, Olivia. Just great.