34. Ex (not ) cited

Olivia

Today felt different. I would say it was going to be a good day for me, or should I say, the brightest side of the day. I woke up on a positive note, not entirely though. Logan's teases occupied my thoughts all through the night. He had even gone to the extent of sending me a text message.

Thank you.

As the message entailed, it was as simple as that. But that hadn't stopped my heart from reeling over how Logan was making me feel these days. "Let's get out of bed and start the day, Olivia," I cheered, pulling the covers off my body and heading for the bathroom.

I took my time in the shower. I forgot to mention that I hadn't been taking care of my hair for like two days straight. I always made a mental note to do that when I got back home, but I would end up crashing for the night and then be too lazy to do it in the morning.

Today felt different. I was in the mood. I went for a simple outfit – a blouse and Converse shoes. I stared at my reflection in the mirror. My body had definitely changed. I wasn't that slim Olivia who would wear whatever she liked without caring about anything. I had reached a stage where I had to be cautious, not because of anything, but for the sake of the baby growing inside me. "Let's start the day with a smile," I affirmed before grabbing my bag and heading out.

As I walked out of my room, I spared a glance at Logan's door, a smile finding its way to my face. He could be sweet sometimes and grumpy at other times. He had complained that he didn't like cake and, in the end, he tasted it. I was sure there was a lively child in him.

The dining room was still being set up for breakfast. Maybe I had woken up a bit too early. Was it all the excitement building up inside me? "Good morning," I greeted the maid who was arranging the table.

"Good morning, Ma'am Olivia."

My brows knitted in confusion. "Call me Olivia, please," I said, taking my seat. She gave me a smile, though I could see skepticism in her eyes, maybe wondering why I was in such a good mood. Well, it did happen.

Amelia was the first to join the table. "Good morning," I asserted in my calmest tone.

"Morning, Olivia. I trust you had a great night. I see all the excitement on your face. What's the secret? Did the baby kick?" My eyes abruptly widened at her question. I hadn't been expecting her to say something like that. I scanned the surroundings for any prying eyes. Thank God the maid was no longer in sight.

A chuckle erupted from her. "Don't worry. Your secret is still safe with me," she said, miming zipping her lips.

I nodded in response, though I was still shaken by her sudden comment. Scott finally joined the table, followed by Liam, Logan, and lastly, Mr. Nero and his wife. I didn't miss the way Logan's lips curved up into a smile. I wondered what was going on in his mind. He knew what he was doing, and he seemed to be enjoying seeing me react to his teases.

Table manners were maintained as everyone busied themselves with breakfast. There wasn't much conversation, as the presence of the father was enough to maintain an atmosphere of silence. However, I was glad that I was able to bring some light to the family last night. At least some of them made an effort. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to try another method next time.

"Olivia," my name being called abruptly halted any plans I was scheming in my mind.

"Yes?" I answered, placing my fork down. Scott's eyes were fixed on me, and I could sense that the look in his eyes wasn't pleasant.

"We appreciate what you did yesterday. But I hope it won't happen again. Doing such things without notice isn't welcomed here," my heart rate dropped instantly. All the excitement I had built up inside me began to crumble. Did I hear him correctly?