33. His teases

Olivia

My hand was still secured around Logan's wrist as I led us to his bed. The fact that it was actually the first time I had sat on his bed. Tell myself not to have any dirty thoughts regarding that. Yet, I did. What would it feel like for Logan to pin me to his bed, trail his fingers over my face, from my cheeks to my lips, down to my earlobes? Tease me with his touches and...

Okay, something was definitely wrong with my head. I mentally scolded myself. I shouldn't be having such thoughts about Logan, at least not when he was staring at me like someone who had had his most important time of the day taken away. "What are you doing?" he said, the same nonchalant expression on his face.

I let out a proud smile. "Your share of the cake," I said proudly.

"I told you already. I don't eat cake."

"But I want you to."

"What does that mean? Is it compulsory for everyone to eat it?" My eyes squinted at him with the way he said it.

I had managed to get everyone to taste the cake. It was actually a surprise. Bringing cake to the house wasn't part of the plan. But while coming back home, I suddenly had the thought of bringing a smile to their faces. Although I didn't get the desired results. Amelia was the only one who made an effort to clap when I first came in with the box and revealed the content. As for Scott, he didn't show much expression, his eyes were glued to his phone the whole time. Then Liam, who also made a bit of effort by helping to cut the cake.

I know it's not my place to meddle in their affairs, but at some point, I felt like someone needed to crack open the shell in the house. The bonds need to be there. The bond between a father and his son, the bond between the brothers, and the bond of the whole family in general. "I know you brought the cake. You shouldn't have," Logan commenced, breaking me out of the short trance I had ventured into.

A smile appeared on my face. "I did it because I wanted to. The achievement needed to be celebrated. Didn't you see how happy Quinn was?" I emphasized.

"Are you happy doing this?" came his question instead.

"Of course. The fact that the family is happy. Why wouldn't I be? So here. Have a bite before I feed you." I cut a piece and pushed it towards him, but unintentionally, it fell on his lap.

"Can't you stop it already, Olivia!" I literally flinched at his tone. A look of anger danced on his face. That gesture really ignited something inside me. I was exaggerating the situation. "Please stop!" He added again, raking his hands through his hair.

I slowly withdrew the plate back. "There's no point in doing this for a family that will not appreciate it. Can't you see they're all forcing themselves? You don't have to go to such lengths for them, Olivia."

I get it. He was right. I was getting overly excited for something that might not be worth it. I thought Logan would at least show some support. I kept telling myself that he'd be different from them. But it looks like he has no say in whatever his family decides, for themselves or him.

I swallowed a lump down my throat. "I'm sorry," I muffled, rising to a standing position. "I shouldn't have come here in the first place or forced you to eat the cake. I'm sorry."

There are some things I better get straight in my head, instead of trying so hard for a family that knows nothing about the reason for my existence in the family. They still know nothing about my relationship with Logan or the baby growing inside me.

My hand curled into a fist when I felt a pair of warm ones engulf it. "I'm sorry," I heard Logan say. I didn't move forward or detach my hand from his hold.