Ollivander's part 4

Y/n's POV:

I'm not sure who that was, but he didn't seem to like Draco very much. I waited for him to pay then the lady came back over to me and told me to stand up on the stool.

There was a small stool just big enough to fit my feet, with mirrors all around one side of it.

The lady brought over measuring tapes and fabrics and started right away.

Not only five minutes later she was done. The robes looked amazing on me and they were so cozy and soft on the inside.

"You will get the rest of your uniforms at Hogwarts" she said with a smile as I gave her the payment.

I walked out of the shop and saw Tom and Matheo waiting by Ollivanders Wand shop. They were standing all by themselves because nobody wants to come close to them because of who our father is.

I've never really had that happen but as soon as I joined them people stopped being friendly. No one smiled and waved at me anymore or even just said hello.

Weird', I brushed this off. "How do they look?" I asked spinning in a circle so the robes spun around me.

"Very nice, y/n" Matheo said. "We got all the books, cauldrons, and you got your robes. Now all that's left is for you to get your wand" Tom said, looking down a list of things we needed to buy and scratching off the ones we got.

You turn to look at the wand shop, it's a rundown old building with the words "Ollivanders" on the front.

"Go on we'll be out here when you come out" Matheo said with a reassuring smile.

I took a deep breath and opened the door. The door was heavy and made a loud creaking noise as I opened it. I closed it behind me. It was a small shop, but it was tall. The walls covered in unorganized stacks of wands.

Hundreds, thousands probably. I walked up to the dusty counter and rang a little bell sitting there.

"Hello?" I asked. No answer I ran the bell again and still no one came. I turned around to see Tom and Matheo talking to some of their other friends.

'So much for support guys' just then an older man flew out from behind the counter. He seemed surprised that I was here.

Weird because it is a shop so what was he expecting?

"Hello there," he said with a grin. "Uh, hi".

"Y/n Riddle! Was wondering when I would see you." He muttered something to himself. "Yes, how did you know?" I asked.

He ignored my question. "I remember when your two brothers came in here to get their first wand." He motioning to them outside.

He then handed me a tan box. I examined the box the looked at him, "go on give it a try" as he said this I took the wand from the box and flicked it.

Books and wands went flying from wall to wall. "I'm so sorry" I said, trying to grab as many books as I could off the floor.

"Oh no that wind do" he walked quickly to his ladder and climbed all the way to the top and pulled out a dark brown box and handed it to me. "Try this one" he said as he walked back behind the counter.

I took a deep breath and held it up, about to do anything at all but before I could the wand threw me into a chair behind me.

"Hmm..." he scratched his head, "maybe... no it couldn't be," he walked into the back of the shop and came out a few moments later with an orangey- brown box.

He looked at me anxiously and waited. I took the wand out of the box once more and examined it. I held it up and braced for anything to happen.

But nothing did, I looked up and saw that the wand in my hand started to glow. It was amazing.

"Odd, very odd indeed" Ollivander said. "What's odd?" I asked, still examining my wand.

"That wand is Blackthorn, 12 ¼ inches and slightly springy. The odd part about your wand Ms. Riddle is that that Phoenix gave 3 feathers, one to your father and one to a boy named Harry Potter who came in not too long before you."

"Why is that odd sir?" I asked still not quite understanding the significance of the situation"

"Well, when a dragon, unicorn, or phoenix gives a core they donate one and only one. This means that neither you, your father, nor Mr. Potter can really hurt each other. The cores cannot be used against each other in that way." He said he was staring straight into my soul at this point.

"Anyways, best not to dwell on that," he said brushing it off with a wave of his hand.

I turned around to see if my brothers were still there and when I turned back around he was gone. 'Does he do this with everyone?'

Hey guys! Thank you all so much for reading. If you like this book you should check out my other book, The Potters!