Part 24

After Dinner we walked back to the common room. Hermione and I sat on the large couch and Harry and Ron sat on the floor playing wizards chess.

Hermione and I were trying to do our homework, but with Harry and Ron talking and cheering so loudly it was hard to even write a sentence.

Hermione must have noticed because she offered to sit with me in our dorm. I accepted her offer and followed her up the stairs after saying good night to Harry and Ron.

Hermione seemed to like me; more than Ron at least.

"Hermione I just can't seem to get this." I said. I had been practicing this spell for the last week.

"You'll get it eventually." She said with an encouraging smile.

"Rome wasn't built in a day" she said, opening her book and turning to the page the spell was on.

"But it burned in one" I said under my breath. She just looked at me sternly.

After a while we went to bed. I slept better that night than I had my whole life.

When I woke up the next morning, the sun wasn't up yet and northern was Hermione. I sat up and looked around. 'What day was it?' I thought

I looked over to the calendar hanging on the wall. It was Saturday. The weekend. Great!

I got up and got dressed in my robes. I was in a pretty good mood and was hoping nothing would ruin it today. I wouldn't let them. As I was heading down the corridor, books in hand, a girl with Raven black hair and a boy with bleached blonde hair turned the corner coming towards me.

I saw them and immediately turned around to start heading the other way. But as I did Tom and Matteo turned the corner coming this way. Opposite from Draco and Pansy.

'Shit' I turned around again. Pansy was smirking as I walked towards her. "Morning y/n" Draco said. Pansy's smile immediately faded. She turned towards him and tried to get his attention back to her. He ignored it.

"Good Morning Draco" I said with a nod. She pushed herself off Draco and stormed towards me. I would be scared at this moment but I was ten times more scared with my brothers witnessing this.

"I'll kill you if you come near Draco again" she hissed. She pushed me up Against the wall and pinned her wand to the side of my head. I looked her dead in the eye and said "If you want to seem threatening, don't go straight for death. Describe how you'll torture me. The way you'll destroy all I stand for." My face was serious.

She was stunned. I lightly pushed her off me, Tom and Matteo were stunned too. They stopped walking and we're staring. I pushed my hair behind my ear and walked off, but not before giving a quick wink in Draco's direction.

Pansy was fuming. But went white as she heard Draco clear his throat and say, "Good morning Riddles..." her eyes went wide and I couldn't help but smile. They pushed past Pansy holding back their laughter as well.

She was terrified. It was hilarious. I wasn't too hungry yet so I went out to the courtyard. I found a nice shady spot under a large oak tree and sat down. The grass was still a little bit wet, but I didn't care.

Tom and Matteo came over and sat by me. It was nice. We hadn't just been with each other, just us, peacefully. No fighting, or getting in trouble.

I let out a long sigh. A happy sigh. Breathing in and out the fresh air.

Matteo leaned back and lay down in the grass, arms under his head. Tom leaned against the tree behind us. I just looked up at the sky and watched the clouds move. Perfectly at ease. I closed my eyes and just felt the sun warm my face.

But a shadow covered my face. I opened my eyes to see professor McGonagall.

Matteo also opened his eyes, "Can we help you?" He asked.

"Yes you can, Mr. Riddle. Why are you three just sitting out here with no supervision?" She scolded. "Don't you remember the rules?"

"Rules only matter if everyone understands them, agrees to them, and can be trusted not to break them. Bearing these irrefutable facts in mind, rules never mattered at all." Matteo said, lying in the grass with his eyes still shut.

McGonagall was fuming. "You best go to the great hall and get breakfast before your classes start." She said, and walked away. We all just rolled our eyes and laughed to ourselves.