Lessons Part 15

I saw Harry sit next to Hermione Granger. I could tell it was her by her hair, and by the way she raised her hand at the speed of light for every question Professor Snape asked. It was annoying if you asked me.

But the weird thing was Professor Snape never called on her to answer, he only asked Harry. I think it was because Harry didn't seem to know any of the answers.

After potions class was over, I stood up, grabbed my books, and started for the door. I was almost out of the room when Draco called my name.

"Y/n!" I turned around and Draco, Crabb, and Goyal walked up to me. "Hey," I said. "Walk with me," Draco said and waved his friends away. We turned down the empty corridor. "Draco, I can't go down this way..." I started, "It's fine. It's only a second" Draco persisted.

"Why were you talking to Potter?" Draco questioned, "You know you aren't supposed to talk to him."

I looked at the ground, "I just... I don't know," I said. Professor Snape walked out of the potions room and saw us. "Ms. Riddle," he said, "You should be heading to your second-period class." He looked at Draco, "And you should be heading to yours as well." We both nodded and headed towards our classes and Professor Snape walked me to mine.

I walked into the classroom. There were only a few Slytherins, and the rest of the students sitting down were Gryffindors. I sat up front, in an open desk. Professor McGonagall wasn't in the room yet, only her pet cat.

I got out my transfiguration textbook from my bag and set it down next to me. Just as I did, Harry and Ron ran into the room.

Harry saw me and smiled at me, I smiled back. He was so nice. His smile was just contagious. I couldn't help it. Him and Ron sat behind me next to Hermione. The cat that was previously sitting on the table, leaped forward and transformed into Professor McGongall.

She scolded the boys for being late and started teaching. "Welcome to your first ever, Transfiguration class ,students. Today we will learn how to change a match into a needle." Matches all appeared on our tables, since no one wanted to sit next to me, only one appeared before me.

She showed us the spell, then instructed us to try. Hermione got it on the first try. Ugh she's so annoying. I tried multiple times and finally on what felt like the twentieth try I managed to do it correctly.

"Nice job Y/n" Harry said behind me. Ron shot him a look then glared back at me. I turned back around to face the front of the class. After a few more classes, I finally had a free period.

I decided to go to the library. 'Tom and Matheo probably never go in here anyway, and Harry is probably off with Hagrid or something.'

I started off in that direction. I was in my own world, thinking about my classes, Harry, and Draco. 'Is it possible to have a crush on two people at a time?'

I turned a corner but someone had stuck out their foot and sent me tumbling to the ground. "Ow!" I squealed as the person who had tripped me stepped on my hand. It was a Slytherin girl, with raven black hair. She kicked my wand away as I tried to grab it. She wrestled me and had me pinned to the cold stone floor. Her knees holding down my arms, one hand pulling my hair so my head was tilted upwards and her other hand pressing the tip of her wand to my throat.

"You filthy, little half-blood" She screeched in my ear, "You don't belong here, you...freak!"

At this point her friends were standing around her laughing and I was finding it harder and harder to breathe. "Stay away from us, and Draco!" with that she slammed the back of my head to the ground and stood up.

I had never been in a situation like this in my life, and if I had gotten close, Tom and Matheo were always right there to defend me.

I was frozen in place, no because she had petrified me, but because I was just too scared to move. "Ha! Look at her! Too weak to even fight her own battles." She was standing above me. She turned to leave but shot back around and slammed her foot into my face.

Her and her friends laughed and turned the corner. I sat up. I was shaking. I put a hand up to my face and winced in pain as I touched my nose. I brought my hand away and the pointer finger was covered in blood.

'Great! And now I'm crying" Tears started to pour out of my eyes. Mixed with the blood, I could barely see straight.

I gathered my stuff and stood up. Blood from my nose was dripping onto the floor and onto my robes.

I decided the library probably wasn't a good place to go looking like this so I decided to just go to my dorm. I started walking as quickly as I could and looking over my shoulder and around corners to make sure no one was there, but as I did this I walked full speed into Tom.

"Sorry," I said, not knowing who it was. "Y/n! What the hell happened to your face?" He asked. I really didn't want to tell him. He grabbed my chin and expanded my neck where a bruise was forming and looked at my face. My eyes were red from crying and I just wanted to shrivel up into a ball and cry in a corner.

I didn't have to tell him that I didn't want to talk about it. He let go of my face and grabbed my arm. He led me to Dumbledore's office. He told it the password and we were lifted up to his office. Tom slammed the door open and stormed over to where Dumbledore was sitting, behind his desk.

Tom slammed his hands on the desk and Dumbledore looked up at him through his half moon spectacles. "Tom,and to what do I owe the pleasure. It isn't time for your meeting is it?"

Tom glared down at him. I could tell how angry he was. "No, it isn't! Why would I ever willingly come up to your office to have a meeting with you?" Tom was furious. "Look!" He pointed over at me. I was still standing by the door, holding all my books and quills. Still covered in blood and tears.

"Oh dear," Dumbledore said calmly. "Yeah, 'Oh dear'" Tom mocked, "Where were you precious prefects, or professors? Huh?" Tom yelled.