Part 29

We sat silently and finished eating our breakfast. I was about to excuse myself from the table when Matteo walked in groggily. He rubbed his eyes and stumbled to a chair. He looked up at us. We all looked back at him concerned and confused.

Well, not Father. He just looked annoyed and seemed to be questioning his life choices. "You guys already ate without me?" Matteo wined.

A house elf hurriedly walked out with a tray of food. It only had a small bowl of cereal and a single piece of toast on it, but Matteo seemed overjoyed but the sight of the food.

He began eating the moment it was placed in front of him. Father stared at him a moment. "Did they not feed you at school?" He said in a judgemental tone.

Matteo had half of the toast in his mouth and the other half sticking out, "No, they did. I just really like food." Matteo stated.

"...anyway... you should all go and get ready for the day. The Malfoys are coming over for the day to discuss our course of action." Father told us.

"Did I miss something here?" Matteo asked, after taking a sip of milk from the bottom of his cereal bowl.

I think Father holds Tom and I to higher standards than he does Matteo. Or he just gave up a long time ago. Weirdly enough Matteo rarely ever gets in trouble.

"Nothing that concerns you." Tom said, eyeing Matteo, trying to tell him to 'shut up'.

"Why do I always get left out?" He was acting like a two year old. It was quite entertaining though.

"Stop being so dramatic." Tom said and rolled his eyes. "I love being dramatic. Because why would you ever deal with any emotion in a logical way? When you could have the option of absolutely losing your mind?" Matteo said with an innocent smile.

I couldn't hold back a laugh and nearly spit out my water. Father jerked his head to me, "Y/n!" He scolded. "Sorry, Father." I looked down at my lap, trying to hide how red my face was becoming from holding back my laughter.

I looked at Tom from the corner of my eye and saw a small smile forming at the edge of his lips. But it quickly disappeared as father turned to him and gave him a look.

"Children," father said to get our attention, "The Malfoy will be taking care of you three for the day so please go and get ready."

I nodded my head, Matteo and Tom did the same. We walked up the stairs in silence.

"What did he ask you to do?" Tom asked me quietly. "What?" I asked. "What did he ask you to do?" He hissed at me.

Tears pricked at my eyes and my face grew hot. "Um-" I choked on my words, "He um... asked me to... get to know Harry Potter and find his vulnerabilities." I whispered.

Tom took a deep breath. After that, no more words were spoken. We quietly made our ways to our rooms and got dressed. I put on a black dress, lined with lace and buttons.

I slipped on my sill gloves and put my hat on. My shoes were black converse, because I am not spending all day in heels, as much as I like them.

I hear a door open and close down the hall and assume Matteo or Tom are dressed. I walk into the dimly lit hallway and see Matteo's silhouette turn the corner and walk down the stairs.

"Matteo!" I whispered. He poked his head back around the corner and smiled. "Come on!" He waved me over to him. I walked quickly to him, and we both descended the stairs down to the great hall where Father stood. Waiting for us.

Next to him stood an ill faced Lucius Malfoy.

Sorry it took me forever to publish this. I've been super stressed and anxious recently. Also not sure what to name this chapter so if you have any ideas comment them!