The Library Part 22

After lying in bed for about 2 hours with nothing to do, I sat up and pulled back the curtain surrounding my bed.

There weren't many students here. About 4 others not including Matteo or myself. I saw Madam Pomphery tending to some other Gryffindor and waved her over when she finished.

"Can I help you deary?" She asked. "I am feeling much better, can I go?" She looked at me as if I was crazy. "Is there something wrong?" I asked, confused.

I heard Matteo scoff beside me. "My dear..." she started, "Your brother used the cruciatus curse against you less than a day ago, and now you're fine?" She asked. Concern coating her voice.

I now realized why Matteo scoffed, she didn't understand it wasn't the first time. I almost smiled to myself but remembered she would think I was insane. I quickly came up with something to say, "I guess I just recovered really quick, because of your medicine." I gave her an innocent smile.

She studied me with her eyes, then let out a sigh, "Fine, you can go. But I want to see you before dinner. Understood?" she said sternly.

"Yes ma'am" I left the hospital wing at almost a run. After I got far enough away from it, I stopped to think.

So much had happened in such little time. And I'm not talking about what happened with my brothers. I'm talking about what happened with Harry.

Why does he do this? Make me feel like I'm in a whole other reality. Made with just me and him.

But we could never be anything more than friends. We could barely be friends. I hate this. Why does he have to be Harry Potter? The Harry Potter. The boy who lived?

Ugh! And I have to be the daughter of the man who made him the boy who lived. Who killed his parents.

I didn't realize that while I was thinking I had made my way to the library. I stood outside the big wooden doors contemplating whether or not I should go in.

I decided I should. I walked in and as soon as I saw Tom sitting at a table reading a book and writing something down on the parchment beside him.

I wasn't sure if I was mad at him or not. I wasn't sure how he was feeling either. I had learned that there was a time to talk to him and a time not too. This was probably a time not too.

I tried to ignore him. He ignored me as well, or he was too focused on whatever he was working on.

I wanted to find a good book and snuggle up in one of the leather couches in the common room. As I walked around the different aisles of books, I felt as if I was being watched.

I quickly turned around to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione all watching me. As soon as we made eye contact both Ron and Hermione turned their heads and directed their eyes to anything else in the room. But Harry's face lit up excitement. He waved and I waved back.

I could feel my face heating up. Ugh he's doing it again! But Tom was here. He would for sure kill me if he saw how I reacted to Harry.

I felt a small smile creep its way to my face. I turned away from the trio to hide my face. As I did Draco was walking towards me with Crabb and Goyle trailing behind him and Pansey practically hanging onto him.

Pathetic. He looked as if he were happy to see me and yanked his arm away from Pansey. She looked furious and shot me a glare, which I graciously retorted back at her.

She let out a scoff and walked back out of the library. Draco looked grateful.

"Hey y/n." He said, walking towards me. "Hi, Draco"

I could hear Harry scoff and mutter something under his breath. I ignored it though. I knew they didn't get along, but didn't need to be in the middle of that.

"How are you feeling, after the... umm.." he started. "After my brother used the cruciatus curse on me? Good I guess." I answered, trying to sound as unbothered by it as I could.

Draco swallowed. I could tell it bothered him. "Honestly Draco, I'm ok." I tried to reassure him. "I know..."

Draco obviously knew my father wasn't dead; he was one of the few. He also knew of what we went through when we were younger; Father's punishments. I shifted my weight and glanced behind me at Harry. The three of them were watching our conversation. I'm not sure if Harry felt the same way that I did when we were around each other or if this is just how people treat their friends.

I only had Draco when I was younger, and even still it was very rare that I would actually get to interact with him.

I turned back to face him, he had this look in his eyes. Almost as if he was apologizing. "Y/n," He said in a hushed tone, "You know you're not supposed to be friends with him, right?"

Of course I knew this but I hated that people kept on telling me who I can and can't talk to! It was so frustrating. Just because someone is taller than me, which is most people I talk to, or older than me, even by a couple of days, they think they get to be the boss of me!

"Anyways, I'll see you at dinner." At that he turned and left.

I just stood there, why does he think he has a reason to tell me what to do? I'm my own person. I don't get it. I'm not some defenseless child that needs to be saved and taken care of and–

"Hey, y/n? I was wondering if-" I jumped and dropped the book I was holding, in the blink of an eye I turned around and punched them in the nose. "Oh my merlin! Harry! I'm so sorry, you scared me and it was just instinct. I'm so, so, so sorry!" He touched a finger to his nose and looked to see if it was bleeding.

"No, no. That was my fault. I shouldn't have snuck up on you like that." Harry said, rubbing his nose. "I was just going to ask if you wanted to sit by me at dinner-" Suddenly he just stopped talking and looked past me, terrified.

Then a hand grabbed my shoulder, "No, she would not" said a stern, low voice I instantly recognized. I looked up to find Tom glaring at Harry.