Butterflies Part 13

Harry turned his head at the sound of my voice. He seemed confused but as soon as we made eye contact his expression turned into a welcoming one. "Hi, Y/n!" He said. I looked over at the gingered-haired boy, Ron, to see him glaring at me.

"Come sit with us," Harry said shifting over on the red, leather couch he was sitting on. He patted the seat next to him, indicating for me to sit there. I looked a Percey and he gave me a little nod. I walked over to them and sat down next to Harry.

I really didn't want to start making enemies with people on my first ever day here so I smiled at Ron and said "Hi, Ron." with a little wave. He just stared at me at first but Harry nudged his arm with his elbow, "Oh uh, hi Y/n" Ron said not looking me in the eye, instead he was staring at the necklace I had gotten for my birthday.

We sat in silence for a little while, listening to the fire crackle. "I'm going to head up to bed," Ron said. "Yeah me too. I'm pretty tired, are you, y/n?"Harry said with a yawn.

"Yeah, I am." I stood up with them and we started to walk to our dormitories. Ron went in, but Harry and I stood outside the doors.

"Thank you for being so nice to me today," I said. I could feel my cheeks start to heat up and could tell his were as well. "Don't mention it. It was what any decent person would do."

We stood there looking down at the floor for a moment. "Well, I appreciate it, Harry." I hugged him and he staggered backward a few steps before catching his balance. He hugged me back tightly. I let go and turned on my heel.

"Goodnight, y/n," "Goodnight, Harry" We closed the doors to our dormitories. I turned around to find Hermione Granger in her bunk reading a book about Hogwarts, another girl, who I think is named Lavender Brown, asleep under a mound of blankets, and a third girl, Calì Patil, drawing little shapes in the air with her wand.

I walked over to the only open bunk and sat down. All my stuff was here and my new uniform. My bunk was right next to Hermione's. I shot her a quick smile and she returned it but went straight back to reading.

The room was dim and the only light was a candle Hermione was using to read and the moonlight that came through the window.

I changed into my pajamas and crawled under my blankets. I lay on my back admiring the details on the ceilings around me, and thought about my classes for tomorrow and what was to come.

Sorry for the short chapter! I haven't had much time to write and I'm also running out of storyline ideas so please comment or message me on what I should put in future chapters! Love you, guys! ;)

Also, if you like this book you should check out my other book, The Potters!