Gryffindor Part 9

Everyone was still frozen in shock by what just happened. I couldn't breathe. It felt as if the ocean had swallowed me whole. After what felt like hours of sitting there watching everyone else watch me, I finally realized what had happened.

Professor McGonagall swallowed hard, then rushed over to me and yanked to hat off my head. "You may go take your seat at... Gryffindor table Ms. Riddle" She said in a rushed tone. I turned to look at her.

Tears now making their way down my face. I couldn't stop them this time. I looked into her eyes, she seemed scared, but she wasn't scared of me. Professor Dumbledore stood up and walked around the large table he was previously sitting at.

He slowly took the sorting hat off my head, he looked at it then at me. I could see in his eyes that he knew what had happened and what was coming.

"P-please sir..." I said in almost a whisper. "I c-can't be in G-Gryffindor."

"I know Ms. Riddle, but the sorting hat has chosen. You need to go." He wasn't looking at me when he said it, he was looking at Tom and Matheo.

Tom was now making his way through the tables and up to me. He looked furious. He stormed up to me, grabbed my arm, and yanked me off the stool.

"A Riddle doesn't cry" he hissed at me through gritted teeth. Just as he started aggressively pulling me away from the professors, Tom turned around and glared at Dumbledore.

I've never seen him this angry. Matheo was sitting back in his seat with his head on the table and hands over his head.

Tom practically threw me at Gryffindor's table and walked away as quickly as possible without a second thought.

I stood there with tears in my eyes. Nobody cheered for me when I got sorted like they did everyone else. I sat down and immediately after everyone around me moved away as fast as they could like I was a disease.

I looked back over at Matheo and Tom but Tom was glaring at the front table with the professors and Matheo still had his head lying on the desk.

I thought he could be asleep until Tom said something and Matheo shook his head slowly and banged it down on the desk once again.

After the rest of the children had been sorted, Dumbledore spoke and then a feast presented itself in front of us. It was amazing but I couldn't eat it. I still felt like I was going to throw up.

'So I guess this is how I'm different from my family. I'm not a Slytherin?' I thought to myself. 'Matheo said that Father said that he would disown me if I got into Gryffindor! No no no no this can't be happening. It must be a dream!' I pinched myself and still nothing.

I felt tears flooding my eyes again, but remembered what Tom had said and wiped them away quickly before they could spill out. I threw my head on the table which made the plates around me shake and got me some weird looks.

I sat there like that for a while until I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey y/n," someone said in an apologetic tone. I looked up, it was Harry. If my brothers see me talking to him, they'll kill me!

"Hi Harry," I said. "Are you ok?" He asked.

Did he really ask me that? I am the Dark Lords' daughter for god's sake and I was just sorted into Gryffindor. 'No, I'm not ok'.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I say. That was a lie. Why did I lie to him? He was just trying to help?

"Are you sure? Because... I mean?" He said. He didn't finish his sentence because he saw the tears in my eyes.

'Fuck! Am I really crying again?' I threw my head back into my arms and crossed on the table. Harry got up and walked around the table to sit with me.

He sat down and put his arm around me and hugged me. This made me feel safe and loved, when nobody, not even my own brothers, wanted to even look at me.

Hey guys! Thank you all so much for reading. If you like this book you should check out my other book, The Potters!