The courtyard Part 17

The next day as I was eating breakfast I planned out my day down to the second. I was going to go straight from class to class, then lunch, then more classes, meet with my brothers, then dinner, bed, and repeat.

The girl that did this to me was going to pay. I wasn't going to tell Tom or Matheo who did it because I wanted this victory for myself.

After breakfast I went straight to my first class, Flying with Madam Hooch. I checked around each corner before I took a turn, just to make sure she wasn't there.

As I left the castle and started towards the green, I saw her. She was walking with Draco?! They were friends?!

I took a deep breath and continued walking. Harry jogged up behind me with Ron at his side.

"Hey y/n! Want to be partners if we need one?" Harry asked. I looked at him. Then to Ron who looked deeply offended. "No thanks" I said and walked faster.

Harry stopped in shock. I finally made it down to where the rest of the students were. The girl with the raven black hair was looking at me with a smirk, clearly proud she beat up a riddle.

I just smiled innocently back at her and Draco. She just scoffed and rolled her eyes. Draco smiled back but looked confused at the girl's reaction.

Madam Hooch arrived and led us to where the brooms were and directed us to stand next to one.

"Good morning everyone, you will learn to use a broomstick correctly." She said.

Hermione stood on my left and Ron and Harry on my right. Draco and the girl stood across from me.

"Now put your hand out like this," she held her hand over her broom, "and say 'Up!'" Her broom flew up into her hand. "Now you all,"

We all started, "Up!" I commanded and my broom flew right to my hand, followed by Harry's, Draco's, Hermione's, and so on.

After everyone had their broom in their hands, Madam Hooch showed us how to kick off from the ground.

We started to stand over our brooms and I was about to kick off but this boy, Nevil I think his name was, started to fly up higher than he was supposed to.

You could clearly see he didn't know how to fly at all, but Madam Hooch just yelled at him to come back down. This ended in him flying all around the courtyard, falling down four stories and having to be taken to the nurses office.

After Madam Hooch had taken his inside we all just stood there, not knowing what to do.

"Look!" said Draco, darting forward and snatching something out of the grass. "It's that stupid thing Longbottom's gran sent him."

The Remembrall glittered in the sun as he held it up.

"Maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze, he'd have remembered to fall on his fat arse."

"Give that here, Malfoy," said Harry quietly.

Everyone stopped talking to watch. I knew what was about to happen but I kind of wanted to see what happened so I didn't say anything.

Draco smiled nastily.

"No, I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find, how about, up a tree?"

"Give it here!" Harry yelled, but Draco leapt onto his broomstick and took off. Hovering level with the topmost branches of an old oak he called, "Come and get it, Potter!"

"No!" shouted Hermione. "Madam Hooch told us not to move, you'll get us all into trouble." I just rolled my eyes.

Harry ignored her. He mounted the broom in his hand and kicked hard against the ground and up, up he soared; air rushed through his hair, and his robes whipped out behind him. 'How did he know how to do that?' I thought. He pulled his broomstick up a little to take it even higher, and heard screams and gasps of girls next to me on the ground and an admiring whoop from Ron.

He turned his broomstick sharply to face Draco in midair. Draco looked stunned.

"Give it here," Harry called, "or I'll knock you off your broom!"

"Oh, yeah?" said Draco, trying to sneer, but looking worried. I could tell he knew Harry was easily a better flier than he was but because of his ego he didn't want to show it.

Harry knew, somehow, what to do. He leaned forward and grasped the broom tightly in both hands, and it shot toward Draco like a javelin. I could feel myself tense up and I held my breath waiting for what I thought was about to happen.

Draco only just got out of the way in time; Harry made a sharp turn and held the broom steady. A few people next to me were clapping.

"No Crabbe and Goyle up here to save your neck, Malfoy," Harry called.

The same thought seemed to have struck Draco. He really relied too much on other people.

"Catch it if you can, then!" he shouted, and he threw the glass ball high into the air and streaked back toward the ground.

Harry saw, as though in slow motion, the ball rise up in the air and then start to fall. He leaned forward and pointed his broom handle down, next second he was gathering speed in a steep dive, racing to the ball, he stretched out his hand, a foot from the ground he caught it, just in time to pull his broom straight, and he toppled gently onto the grass with the Remembrall clutched safely in his fist.

Griffendors cheered, I ran over to where Draco had landed. "Are you crazy?" I asked him. His face immediately turned into confusion, he probably thought I was going to go over there and congratulate him for bullying someone who wasn't even there to defend himself.

Just then the raven haired girl came up to us. "Well, I think it was really cool," she said.

She obviously had a thing for Draco. "Thank you Pansy," her name was Pansy.

Draco walked away from the two of us, I watched him then turned back to her, she was glaring at me.

"What happened to your face" she said mockingly, I just glared at her.

She was a lot taller than me, a lot of people were, which didn't help the situation.

"Stay away from me," I turned away and started to walk away, I then felt myself get shoved to the ground. "Ow!" I yelled.

I turned over to face her, we were in the exact same position as we were the previous day, however, this time people were watching us.

"Stand back up" she snickered. I didn't, I was mortified. "Are you deaf? I said, stand back up!" She yelled again.

My heart started to beat faster than ever as I stood up. I brushed myself off and faced her. My knees and elbows stung and my ears rushed with blood.

"Are you going to cry?" She said in a baby voice.

"No, but you are." I snapped back at her. She looked taken aback by my comment, but quickly tried to look intimidating.

"And how are you going to do that?" She asked with a smile and tapping my nose. But as she was bringing her finger away from my face I bit down on it. Hard.

She let out a yelp and ripped her finger out of my mouth. I could see it start to bleed. "What the Fūck?!" She yelled. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

I just smiled, trying to keep myself from laughing. She looked back over to me with a disgusted look.

"You filthy little half-blood!" She yelled, as soon as u heard the words my whole expression turned to rage, and she knew it too.

She looked scared. And she should. "Who the fuck do you think your talking to?!" I screamed back at her. She looked terrified to the point where all color from her face was gone.

Us Riddles are known for our father, but equally known for our tempers. Matheo once used the Crusiatus curse on a student who threatened him. Tom once destroyed three desks in a classroom by throwing them against the wall.

I rushed up to her and shoved her with all the strength I had in me. I heard all the air escape her lungs as her back hit the tree. I grabbed her shirt with my hands and pulled her up onto her feet.

But she immediately fell back down onto her knees coughing and wiping the blood now flowing out of her nose. I turned sharply on my heel to walk away but stopped when I saw everyone looking at us. Looking at me. Terrified.