The Deal Part 28

I woke up and Matteo was still in my bed. He wasn't under the comforter like I was but he had taken one of my blankets and curled up on the other side of my bed with it. It wasn't light out yet but I knew since I was already awake I wasn't going back to bed.

I sat up and quietly got out of bed and walked over to my bathroom. I took my black robe off of the hook on the wall. My bathroom had black and emerald green tiles on the walls with all black flooring.

I had a shower, sink, and a toilet in there. It wasn't big like Matteo's and Toms but I was smaller than them anyway. I also learned at an early age not to complain.

I brushed my hair and teeth then washed my face. When I left the bathroom Matteo was sitting up on my bed. He rubbed his eyes then turned to me.

"What time is it?" he asked in a sleepy voice. I looked at the small clock on my bedside table, "It's about 7:00." I told him.

He huffed then laid back down. I walked out of the room and closed the door behind me. The floorboards creaked under my feet as I walked down the corridor.

Tom's door is closed, so assume he's still sleeping. I keep walking down the hall, down the stairs, into the dining room.

Father is sitting at the far end of the table. "Good morning, father."

"Good morning, daughter." He said in return. "Sit," he motioned to a seat to the right of him. I slowly made my way to him. I knew that in situations like this, without my brothers, confidence was key.

My shoulders were back and I held my head high. I sat down in the seat and folded my hands in my lap.

"Have you thought about what I asked of you?" He asked. I knew I couldn't say no. How could I?

I looked up into his eyes. They were the same as Tom's and Matteo's, dark brown that almost looked black.

"Yes, I have," I said, "And I decided that I will help you."

He smiled wickedly, delighted to have his daughter finally in his schemes. I sighed but smiled as well.

Tom entered the room, and sat down at the far end of the table. He stared at me then at Father, then back to me. He was mad.

"Father," Tom nodded. I didn't look at him. I knew what I was doing was wrong, but maybe, just maybe it was for a good cause. I knew that wasn't true, I also knew what Father believed in. But I was really trying to convince myself I was on the right side.

Father always taught us that pure-bloods were the highest of status, that anyone else was a blood-traitor, and didn't deserve to be a wizard.

It was odd though. He had always said these things, though, it seemed to have forgotten we aren't pure-bloods. We're half-bloods.

Our grandfather, Father's father, was a muggle. Tom Marvolo Riddle the first.

I didn't really care to listen, I believed everyone was equal. But when I spoke up, I was punished. After that, I learned when to keep my mouth shut and when to speak.

"What's going on here?" Tom asked accusingly. Tom's jaw was clenched and his hands were in fists. He was now standing. Fathers calm expression changed to one of anger. Or maybe... a challenge?

"What's going on here is that your younger sister has chosen family over friends, and has chosen to be loyal to us." Father said with an evil smirk.

Tom sighed. He knew he couldn't fight Father. He'd tried before and failed. Tom looked down at the table and sat down in his chair.

I hated seeing him give up so easily. But what was there to do? Father never lost. "My darling," Father turned to me slowly, but he didn't take his eyes off Tom, "Now that you are one of us, you will get your uniform shortly."

'My uniform?' I thought. "Uniform?" I asked out loud. "Yes," That's the only explanation I got from Father.

"Breakfast is served," Father said as three House elf's walked out of the kitchen doors with trays of food and set them down in front of us.