Punishment Part 19

I hurried quickly towards professor Dumbledore's office.

Once I got to the giant statue of a griffin, I quietly said the password, "Sherbet Lemon" and hurried up the spiral steps.

I reached the top and found Matheo. He was waiting outside the heavy wooden door. He looked up at me and stood up.

"Oh, hey y/n. I didn't know you would be here" as he said this he stuck a cigarette into his mouth and lit it.

"Matheo!" I said in a scolding tone. He put the lighter back in his pocket and looked at me innocently.

"Y/n!" he said, mocking me. As I reached for the cigarette in his mouth he tilted his head upwards towards the ceiling, gripping the cigarette between his teeth.

He was trying to push me away and keep the cigarette in his mouth. We were both laughing.

I stood up on my top toes and tickled his throat, this caused him to react by bringing his head down. As he did I ripped the cigarette out of his mouth and tossed it on the floor.

"What the fuck y/n?" Matheo whined. Just as he was about to lose his temper, Dumbledore opened the door.

Matheo barely ever got mad at me, but when he did, it was scary. Same with Tom. Speaking of Tom, where is he?

"Ah, Riddles," he said, charmingly, "Come inside" we exchanged sideways glances, then a giggle or two.

Dumbledore motioned for us to sit down across from him at his desk. We did.

The chairs weren't very comfortable. They were small wooden chairs with worn padding on the seat part.

I didn't care about the seats, only that there were two. What about Tom? Where was he?

Matteo seemed to notice as well. "Sir?" Matteo asked, "Where is Tom?" Dumbledore just smiled.

"Well, whenever I talk with you all together, Tom seemed to speed for all three of you," he said.

"I just want to get to know the real you." He smiled again.

Tom does usually talk for us but not in a bad way. He kind of knows what we want to say and says it first. He also knows how to keep the conversation on the track he wants it to be on. He's really good at mind games, like our father.

"So both of you have been reported to me multiple times." Both our heads shot in the direction of one another, as in to scold the other.

"No, matter. I expected this." Dumbledore leaned back in his chair. It was more of a throne.

"You did?" I asked, confused. "Of course, I did"

He laughed. Matteo rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Yes, yes, I did," he said more to himself than to us. "Because you both have broken the rules, I have to choice than to punish you," he said gravely.

I could feel the corners of my mouth pulling upwards and I was fighting back a laugh. So was Matteo. "Ok..?" Matteo asked, suspicious, then bit his bottom lip to stop himself from laughing.

It wasn't a funny situation, that's not why we were laughing. It's just the fact that Dumbledore wanted to punish us.

There's nothing he could do to us that our father hadn't done. We've all been crucioed, torched, beaten, and cut by our father or other death eaters.

At this point we were numb to it. That's why were laughing.

"What are our punishments?" I asked. I looked at Matteo. He had his signature smirk plastered on his face.

"Well, first Matteo..." he looked at Matteo. "You will be tasked with cleaning the quidditch goals." Matteo's eyes went big.

Dumbledore looked impressed with himself. "Bu-but sir-" Matteo started, but Dumbledore cut him off.

There wasn't much that scared Matteo, or really anything at all. Except for two minor things: one, birds or more specifically, owls.. It's kind of weird but this one time Tom's owl attacked him for "getting too close" but I think Tom trained it to do that. And number two, heights. I'm not really sure why, except for this one time him and Tom were playing quidditch outside our manor, and suddenly Matteo was dangling from his broom. He was stuck up there for hours because Tom thought it was funny and went inside. To be honest, it was really funny, but I had to help him down. He fell three stories and broke his right arm and leg.

Dumbledore knew this however he didn't care.

"Now for you, Miss Riddle," I was racking my brain for what I was scared of. I only could come up with a few, I'm really claustrophobic and I don't like being in the dark alone. But other than those two, I don't think I'm really scared of anything else.

"You will be learning something new. A skill that muggles do." At first I was confused as to why that was a punishment, "It could be anything from playing an instrument to playing a muggle sport." Dumbledore said. "That's all?" I asked, confused.

"Yes, but you will not have any free time, no time between classes, no study hall, no just hanging out with friends. The only times you will not be doing something are during meal times and at night." He finished. I just stared at him. 'Are you kidding me?' I thought to myself.

"But sir-" I was again cut off, just like Matteo. "Hopefully these punishments keep you both from drawing others' blood." We both looked at each other again. "Both of you please meet me during lunch to discuss more about your punishments" Dumbledore smiled again, this time bigger as if he were more proud of our reactions to his decisions.