The Encounter Part 6

We both sat in silence for a little bit. After a while a boy with bright red hair and freckles walked in, "Can I join you guys?" He asked.

"Sure," Harry said. He sat down next to Harry. "Hi, I'm Ron Weasley", Ron said, he held his hand out for Harry to shake.

"Hi Ron, I'm Harry Potter," Harry said and shook his hand. "Wait, The Harry Potter?" Ron said in amazement. "Yeah," Harry said with a laugh.

"do you have the...?" Ron said, putting his hand up to his forehead. "The scar?" Harry said, then lifted up his hair to show him.

At this, I looked up from the book I had been reading during their interaction.

"And this is my new friend Y/n Riddle" Harry pointed over at me.

Ron's eyes went wide as he slowly turned his head over to me and stared.

"Hi..." I said with a smile and put my hand out to shake.

He stayed silent and didn't shake my hand. "Ok..." I said and pulled my hand back.

"Harry you do know who this is right?" We both looked at each other confused as if we knew each other.

"Y/n Riddle...?" He looked at Ron and shrugged his shoulders. Ron looked confused as to why I was confused.

"Why are you in here trying to be friends with him? You do know who your dad is right?" He said.

"What do you mean?" me and Harry said in unison.

"She didn't do anything wrong?" Harry said, trying to defend me. "Harry, her dad..."

"My dad what?" I asked. "Your dad is the one who killed Harry's parents and tried to kill him," Ron said in a defensive tone.

Me and Harry just stared at each other. 'Why did Father want to kill him and his parents?'

"Your dad is... Voldemort?" Harry asked, his eyes growing wide as he asked it.

I had heard people refer to him as that but never to his face. "I guess, yeah..." I said looking down at my shoes.

"Maybe I should go," I said standing up with tears starting to fill my eyes. I wasn't going to let him see me cry so I grabbed my book and opened the compartment door.

"Y/n wait-" Harry said standing up trying to get me to sit back down.

"No, it's ok. Ron obviously doesn't feel comfortable sharing a compartment with me and I understand I'll find somewhere else to sit." I left the compartment with a nod.

I walked back over to Tom and Matteo who were now both in their robes.

"Oh hey Y/n," Matteo said. "Hi," I slumped down in the seat next to him. "What's wrong?" He asked.

I took a deep breath. "I was just sitting in a compartment on my own and this other boy came in and sat across from me-"

"Boy?" Tom said. "Yes, a boy. Anyway, he was really nice and we just kind of sat there and I read and he was looking out the window. Then another boy came in and sat by him and they started talking about Harry's sca-" I cut myself off. I shouldn't have said that they told me not to talk to him.

"Who's What?!" Tom said angrily. "Nothing, never mind," I said, putting my head on the table in front of me.

"No, it's not nothing! You were talking to Harry Potter?" He was now yelling. I hated it when he yelled at me.

"I didn't know, it wasn't until after he showed the other kid his scar I remembered you said not to talk to him but I didn't want to be rude. I'm sorry." I now had tears in my eyes.

"Tom calm down," Matteo said, trying to get him to sit back down. "So why did you come back?" Matteo asked as he turned to me.

I wiped the tears off my face, "Well, the other kids said that dad... umm. That dad k-killed his p-parents. And also tried to kill him as well. He asked me why I was even talking to him and how I should have been there" We all sat there in silence. They looked at each other and then at me.

"You should probably change into your robes now," Matteo said quietly.

I nodded, "Ok, yeah" I got up and started for the washroom to get changed. I passed by Harry and Ron's compartment and heard them laughing about something, I didn't care.

After I finished getting changed, I walked back over to where my brothers were sitting. But the weird thing was, they weren't there. Draco was one bench over so I asked him if he had seen where they had gone too.

"Not sure, but I did see them go that way," he said, turning back around to talk to his new friends. I was starting to get worried because at this point we were almost to Hogwarts and I could already feel my stomach turning.

I waited for just a moment longer but my anxiety couldn't handle the stress, so I got up to go look for them. I walked down the train and saw Matteo come out of the same compartment as Harry, Tom right behind him with a smile on his face.

'Oh no,' I rushed over there. "What did you guys do?" I asked. "Nothing you need to worry about y/n. We handled it" Tom said, cracking his knuckles. "'Nothing I need to worry about!?'" I said. I lean forward to try to get a better view of the inside of the compartment. I saw the two boys wide-eyed pushed up against their seats frozen in fear. "What did you guys do to them?"

"Don't worry Y/n we didn't touch 'em. We just scared 'em a little" Tom said with a smirk. Harry saw me in the window and we made eye contact again. Just like I did in the robes store I felt like butterflies were inside my stomach. But I was quickly brought back to reality at to feeling of Tom's hand grabbing my arm and pulling me away.

Hey guys! Thank you all so much for reading. If you like this book you should check out my other book, The Potters!