The Hogwarts Express Part 5

I walked out of the shop and over to my brothers who were now talking to Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy.

"Hi," I said. "Oh hey y/n, how did it go?" Matheo asked. "It went weird, after he gave me my wand he just disappeared," I said.

"Well, that's Ollivander for you," Tom said, rolling his eyes.

"Do we have everything?" I asked. "Yes, I think so. We were discussing the sorting ceremony." Tom said, turning back around to face the Malfoys.

"Yes, we were discussing how you and Draco will be sorted into Slytherin." Lucius Malfoy said. He had very long platinum blonde hair like Draco and the same gray eyes too.

"Well, what if I'm not sorted into Slytherin?" I asked, looking down at the pebbles under my feet. "That won't happen," Tom said forcefully. "Father threatened to disown both me and Matheo before we left for Hogwarts if we weren't sorted into Slytherin, let alone Gryffindor," Tom said, looking straight into my eyes with his emerald green ones.

"Why not Gryffindor? What's so bad about that?" I asked, being the first to break eye contact.

"Our family is Slytherin. Only ever Slytherin. Father has made that clear throughout our entire lives y/n" Matheo said.

"Right, I know," I said. I didn't know but I just wanted to get this conversation over with.

"Where's Draco?" Narcissa said. "Last time I saw him he was talking to a boy in the robes shop," I said.

"We should probably head for the train," Matteo said, looking at Tom. "Yes, let's go," Tom said as he turned around.

As he was walking down the street people would try to move out of his way fast in fear he might be them or something. It didn't seem to bother him though.

He's been living like this his whole life, he probably doesn't even notice. When me and Matteo started walking, after saying goodbye to the Malfoys, people didn't move as quickly to get away from us. I think they still weren't sure whether they thought Matteo was bad or if they should be scared but with me, they just stood there and stared.

People have always been the most scared of Tom. I don't think he even did anything to make them feel that way. Well except being the first-born son of the Dark Lord.

After we made our way to King's Cross station, Tom helped me get my luggage on the train. Tom and Matteo went to sit with the other Slytherins and so did Draco.

I decided I wanted to go find an empty compartment instead of sitting with them.

I turned around but before I could leave Draco yelled "Hey, y/n. Come and sit with us."

"I think I'm going to find an empty compartment to sit in and read," I answered with an apologetic smile.

"O-oh, ok," he said. He smiled. I turned around once more and found an empty compartment, I sat down and sat up against the windows with my legs out in front of me laying on the seat.

I closed my eyes listening to the sound of people and the train moving along the tracks. I was almost asleep when I heard a voice.

I opened my eyes to see a boy with dark brown hair and bright green eyes. It was the same boy from the robes shop.

"Umm, excuse me?" he said in almost a whisper but still loud enough to hear. "Can I join you? It's the last compartment left with seats" he said, motioning to the empty seats around me.

"Oh, yeah of course," I said I sat up straighter and moved my legs down off the seat.

He didn't seem to know who I was. I liked that, other people judged me and my brothers for our father and I'm not even sure why? They never told me what he did. Just that he was a dark wizard.

"I'm Harry Potter," the boy said with an outreached hand. 'Now why does that name sound familiar?'. "Nice to meet you I'm Y/n Riddle," I said, shaking his hand.

He sat back in his seat and brushed the messy hair out of his face. Just then in that moment, I saw something that triggered my memory.

He had a scar on his face and he had glasses just like Tom said. 'But why wasn't I allowed to talk to him'? He seems nice.

Now I was remembering where I had heard his name before, when I was younger I remember hearing Tom and Matteo fighting about something. They were fighting about when Dad was gone and we lived with Severus Snape.

Tom was yelling at Matteo saying how Dad wasn't evil and it wasn't his fault that Dad was gone, it was because of someone named Harry Potter.

I never asked them about who Harry Potter was. Or why it could have been Tom's fault but if they didn't want me talking to Harry why didn't they tell me more about him, like why?

Hey guys, thanks so much for reading. This is my first book so feel free to comment what you do and don't like about it and how I could improve!!! 🙂

 Also, if you like this book, you should check out my other book, The Potters!