Part 16

A Gryffindor prefect was called into the office as well and was told to escort me to the bathroom and clean up my face, while Tom and Dumbledore "talked".

She took me to the bathroom on the second floor. The one without Moaning Myrtle. As I looked into the mirror I saw that it wasn't just my nose that was bleeding, the girl had broken the skin on my neck with her wand and it was gushing blood as well.

I could tell the prefect wanted to help but at the same time didn't want blood on her robes. She handed me tissues and paper towels to help but the bleeding kept on going.

One of my eyebrows had gotten cut and my arms were bruised badly from where her legs had been. After most of the bleeding stopped. I wiped away most of the dry blood from my face and neck.

I looked back in the mirror to see if I could wipe away anymore, but I realized the collar of my shirt was stained reddish brown as well.

The perfect walked me to the great hall, and I sat down at the Gryffindor table, alone. People were staring and I saw the girl that had done this to me snickering with her friends when I walked in.

I wasn't hungry and I finished all my school work in my classes so I just sat with my head on the table.

I closed my eyes hoping to get just a little sleep since I couldn't go back to my common room. But as I started to drift off a hand grabbed my shoulder and spun me around.

It was Matheo, he just looked at me for a second then pulled me into a big hug. People were staring even more now. "The Riddles hugging?" I heard a girl ask.

"I'm so sorry," he hugged me tighter. "It's ok..." I said. "He pulled out of the hug, "Who did this to you?" He demanded. "I-I..." I glanced at the girl and her eyes went wide, I knew that if I told Matheo he would probably kill her, or just yell at her but it would only make it worse. "I don't know" I lied.

Matheo could tell I was lying but he didn't ask again. He sat down next to me. "How were your classes?" He asked, trying to bring my attention to something other than my throbbing face.

"They were fine, I guess" we talked a little more, then finally the moon bell rang and we were allowed to go to our common rooms.

Matheo and I walked to the Gryffindor common room and he gave me another hug but before he pulled away and left he whispered something in my ear, "If I ever find out who did this...they won't ever take another breath, so long as they live. And that won't be very long" I smiled. "Thanks Theo,"

I turned and whispered the password and the potraint opened up. Inside were only three first year Gryffindors, and it was the three I least wanted to see. Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

They all turned to face me, I saw as their eyes went wide and all three hurried over to me. "Oh my goodness Y/n! What happened?" Hermione asked.

"I..." I had to think of something to tell them. "Peeves scared me and I ran into a door." I lied. I felt bad lying to them, especially Harry, his blue eyes tracing over every bruise, cut and tear on my body.

I couldn't help but notice.

"I should probably change." I said. Hermione and I walked up the stairs together, but not before I heard Ron whisper something to Harry, "See, I told you the Riddles were bad news, and you owe me ten sickles." Harry rolled his eyes and handed over the money.

"I really thought what you said about them getting into fights wasn't true" Harry said with a sigh.

'They made a bet to see how long it would take for me to get into a fight?! Well that girl who did this to me won't have hands next time she puts them on me' I thought to myself.