The assignment Part 26

Finally we arrived at the train station. We grabbed our luggage and looked around the station. We got a lot of strange looks.

"Y/n, hat and gloves. I forgot you need a hat and gloves." Tom said urgently. "I do? Why?" I asked. "Remember when you got in trouble for not dressing like a proper lady? That's why." I do remember that. We had to go out with Snape and get new clothes, I came down just wearing a dress and Father got mad and flipped out. I ended up grounded for three weeks because of it. I didn't get to go shopping that day.

Tom ushered me into a small shop that sold women's clothes. Behind the counter was a younger girl. She looked about Tom's age.

When we walked in she saw us and her face went red. Tom walked up to her "Do you happen to have a hat and a pair of gloves for my sister?" He asked, and put on his best charming smile.

I got a black hat with a black ribbon on it and a pair of black lace gloves. Now i was really ready for a funeral.

Tom paid and we walked outside the shop and Matteo looked like he was about to fight a police officer. He would've won too if Tom hadn't intervened. "I'm so sorry about my brother." Tom apologized and grabbed me and Matteo and pulled us away from the office.

"What the fuck Matteo! I can't even take my eyes off either of you without you both trying to kill someone! Now we have to get going or we're going to be late!" He pushed us out of the station.

"Snape said there was a port key and we would know it when we saw it." Tom said more to himself than to us. He looked around and ran a hand through his dark curls.

"Why is there just a little boot sitting on that hill over there?" Matteo asked. "I don't know Matteo. Can we please stay focu- why didn't you say something sooner? Let's go. That's it."

We trekked across the tall grass to the top of the hill. I do not recommend wearing heels on a hike. Matteo and Tom were fine. No surprise. They got to wear regular shoes.

Why couldn't it have been back at the train station? Why at the top of some stupid hill?

Tom stood above it and ushered us closer to it. "Ok, so just grab on?" Matteo asked. "Yes," we all put a hand on it.

Not just three seconds later we were teleported to our manor. It was awful. Tom landed on his feet but Matteo and I landed on top of each other, painfully.

Tom grabbed my arm and yanked me up. Matteo stood up quickly after and brushed himself off.

I forgot what it felt like to be home. Hogwarts had a warm welcoming feeling, it made you cozy and happy. But here. Here, it had a dark ominous feeling to it. I got shivers. There were no warm welcoming fires or people, just our cold, unwelcoming father.

We slowly walked through the cold corridors. to the dining room doors. We stood outside and soon Mr. Malfoy opened the doors for us. He looked at us with disgust as we walked past him. I kept my head low, watching my brother's feet.

Father was seated at the far side of the table, Professor Snape to the right of him. There were many other people I did and didn't recognize seated at our table. Mr. Malfoy made his way past us, and took his seat next to his wife, Narcissa Malfoy. Draco was also there. Sitting the farthest he could from our father.

"Children," Fathers voice boomed all around us. My head shot up and locked eyes with him. He looked disappointed. "Father." Tom said, politely, and bowed his head out of respect. Father did not return the gesture.

"Have a seat.' He motioned to the three empty seats to his left. Tom took the one closest to him, I sat down beside him, and matteo sat down between me and Mr. Malfoy.

"Severus, here, tells me you three had a bit of an... incident." Father said. "Tom? Why don't you tell me what happened," It was a trap, no matter what Tom said he would get in trouble.

Tom gulped down his anxiety, straightened his back and looked father in the eye. "What happened was..." He looked at me for a brief moment then, back to Father.

He told the story of how he had lost his temper, then lashed out at Matteo and I. Father looked some-what impressed but mostly disappointed. I quickly looked at Draco, he looked severely uncomfortable.

"Now, Y/n, you're a Gryffindor?" He asked with disgust. coating his words. "Yes," I said, nodding my head. I had to grip my chair to keep myself from passing out. My knuckles had gone white from gripping it so hard.

Matteo and Tom had gone white as well. "I should be mad," Father started, "But we can use this to our advantage," he said. "We can?" I asked. "Yes, you can be our little spy, with that little brat, Harry Potter, also in Gryffindor you can get close to him. Extremely close to him. Learn his secrets and weaknesses. Then report back to us with what you have learned." Father finished.

My heart was beating so fast, I thought it would burst out of my chest. I couldn't hear anything with all the blood pumping in my ears. I had to get so close to Harry, just so I could betray him? Break his heart?

"Is that understood?" Father had a wicked grin on his face. He knew. He knew everything. He was doing this on purpose. "Yes... Father." I said looking him straight in the eye.