Confrontation Part 14

I woke up the following day and changed into my Gryffindor uniform. I ensured it looked perfect, with no wrinkles and my tie tied perfectly.

Hermione woke up right before me and smiled but didn't say a word. She seemed scared of me. I understood and just smiled back. When she left she almost ran passed me. It was more of a quick walk though.

I walked down behind her to the great hall. It was still just as beautiful as it was last night. I saw Harry sitting down with Ron, I started towards them, and all of a sudden, Matheo and Tom stepped right in front of me. I ran into the two of them.

I stumbled backward a few steps. They were at least a foot taller than me, so I had to turn my head upwards to look them in the eyes. "Excuse me?" I said annoyed, dusting myself off and straightening out my skirt.

"Your excused," Matheo said with a sneer. His arms were crossed and he was glaring at me. Tom, on the other hand, looked completely relaxed. He had his arms behind his back and he had a disappointed look on his face. "And where do you think you're going?" Tom asked.

Tom's robes were perfect and his curls all fell perfectly in place. Matheo's robes were messy and they looked like he had slept in them. "I was about to sit and eat breakfast" I answered. I didn't have any problem fighting with Matheo or being rude to him because he was the same as me. But Tom was a lot like Father, too much like Father it was scary. I never fought with him or even challenged him.

I could see past them that Harry and Ron were staring at us. "No, you were about to go sit with Potter over there. Weren't you Y/n?" Matheo asked accusingly. I just looked at the floor. Tom's stare was too intense, I could feel myself becoming teary-eyed.

I went to wipe away a tear, but before my hand was able to Tom grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the great hall. Matheo walked quickly behind us. We turned a corner, where no one would see us.

This action breaks rule number one of the 5 rules we are meant to follow. "Wait we can't be here alone, we have to have a profes-" Matheo cut me off, "You think we actually follow those rules," He said with a laugh. "We decided they're more of a suggestion," Tom said.

Tom knelt down on one knee in front of me holding both shoulders and looking right into my eyes. "Y/n, what did I tell you about that Potter boy, he's bad news." He paused and looked back at Matheo who was looking around the corner to make sure the coast was clear of teachers and students.

He looked back at me. "Y/n, Riddles don't cry. Wipe your tears, fix yourself then go find Malfoy." I nodded and wiped my face with my sleeve.

Tom stood up and awkwardly patted my shoulder, then turned to leave. He walked around the corner, but Matheo stayed back. He turned to me, "Y/n, we're serious, stay away from Potter." He said.

"Why? Is it because Father killed his parents?" I said accusingly. Matheo stared at me in disbelief.

"Ho-how did you... Who told you that?" He asked. "Someone..." I realized my mistake. 'Oh no, why did I say that?'

"We will talk about this later!" He yelled at me and stormed off towards the great hall. I started towards my first class, potions, with Professor Snape.

As I started to walk someone yelled to me, "Hey! Y/n, wait up!" I turned to see who it was, it was Harry. 'Oh no'. He was running up behind me.

I turned back around and started to walk faster. "Hey, I called your name," Harry said running up next to me.

"Oh, hi Harry," I said. "Are you ok?" He asked, he seemed genuinely concerned. "I saw that...erm...your brothers stopped you in the great hall and you didn't get breakfast, so I brought you an apple to eat." He said and pulled a dark red apple from his pocket in his robes.

"Oh my gosh, thank you, Harry," I took the apple from him, and as I was about to take a bite Draco rounded the corner. His eyes grew wide. He knew I wasn't allowed to talk to Harry.

We made eye contact and I quickly turned to Harry, "Umm actually I just remembered I don't like red apples." I put the apple back in his hands.

I turned around and quickly rushed into the potions classroom. I took a seat at one of the empty desks and took out a quill and ink.

I was hoping no one would sit by me or anyone but Harry. But secretly I was wishing Harry would sit down next to me and then it wasn't my fault that I had to talk to him.

I turned to look up at the door and Harry walked in searching for where I had gone, he saw me and started my way but Draco shoved passed him and sat next to me.

"Hello, Riddle," Draco said. He never called me by my last name, he only called Tom and Matheo by that. "Hello to you too...Malfoy?" His head shot in my direction. "What?" I asked. He was about to answer but Professor Snape walked in.

"Are we going to have a problem... Ms. Riddle and Mr...Malfoy?" He asked in his low voice.

"No sir," Draco and I said together.

Hey guys! Thank you all so much for reading. If you like this book you should check out my other book, The Potters!