Going Home Part 25

We walked into the great hall. There were students eating at each table and most of the professors were there. I saw Dumbledore sitting talking to professor McGonagall. They both looked in our direction when we walked in.

I noticed this but ignored them. We all did. We sat at the Slytherin table and no one even dared to give me a weird look.

At this point people weren't as scared of me as they were the first couple days of school.

We were enjoying our breakfast when professor Snape walked up behind us and cleared his throat. We all jumped at the sudden sound.

I know that us Riddles are known for being tough and intimidating, but deep down we are just kids. We all get scared, intimidated, and insecure, but we rarely let it show.

"Children. Go to your dorms and pack your bags because we are leaving at noon." Snape said. We nodded and he walked towards Dumbledore.

Our day was ruined. I didn't necessarily hate being at home, but now knowing what it's like having friends and being able to just... be me, I'm not exactly thrilled to be going home.

He got up and slowly made our way to our separate common rooms. I walked in my dorm and Hermione was the only one in there. She was sitting on her bed reading a book.

"Hey y/n." She said not looking up from her book. "Hey Hermione, what are you reading?" I asked.

"Just doing some research on someone," "Who?" I asked. I didn't really care but I didn't really want her to notice me packing my trunk.

"Someone named Nicholas Flamel." I recognized that name. Father had said something about him in a meeting he had. I wasn't allowed to be present and neither was Matteo so we listened through the door.

"Oh my fath-godfather... has mentioned his name before. He's the only known maker of the Philosopher's stone."

"Who's your godfather?" She asked. Letting her gaze finally come away from the book. "Professor Snape," I said in a nonchalant way. He was only my god father because my father was "dead" for now.

Her eyes widened. "I'll be right back," she said, getting up and running to the door, but not before seeing my half-packed trunk. "Where are you going?" She asked. " Home. But I'll be back next week." I reassured her.

"Ok..." we'll see you next week, she hurried out of the room.

"Ok..." I said to myself. I got my trunk and heaved it out of my room. I looked over the balcony to make sure no one was coming up the stairs, then kicked the heavy trunk down the stairs. It tumbled down the stairs and finally reached the bottom. People looked at me like I was insane. I just gave them a look back, they quickly averted their gazes back to whatever they were doing before.

I pulled the trunk out of the common room, down never ending corridors and staircases I swear grew longer. Till I finally saw Tom and Matteo effortlessly carrying theirs over to the front doors of the castle.

Tom must've seen me struggling and came over to help. He wasn't the best communicator or good at showing affection but he was a good brother.

He grabbed my truck and walked over to Matteo. I could see he was kind of struggling with my trunk as well.

"What do you have in here? Bricks?" I just shrugged. "Maybe." I said then let out a laugh.

"Children, we will be using a port key. Is that really what you all are going to wear?" Snape looked at us worriedly.

"And what's wrong with what we're wearing?" Matteo asked, annoyed. I just looked at my outfit. It was just my regular school uniform. Tom was wearing his signature black suit that made us all look bad. Matteo was wearing jeans and a random t-shirt with a jacket.

"Your father will be home when you get there." Snape said very matter of fact. "I suggest something closer to what Tom is wearing?" Matteo looked at Tom in disgust. Matteo only ever wore that stuff at home when father was home otherwise he would be in sweats and a t-shirt.

"Fine" Matteo rolled his eyes, "Come on y/n, let's go change." Matteo and I walked back to our common rooms. When I got to my dorm I saw there was a little black dress lying on my bed. It went halfway down my thighs and on the floor by my bed were Mary-Jane heels. 'Oh I hate heels!' They hurt.

I much rather prefer no shoes or sneakers. I did like the dress though. I put it on and put my uniform nicely on my bed for when I got back.

I made my way back to where Snape and Tom were waiting and saw Matteo wearing something similar to Tom. He was pulling at the collar and messing with the jacket, clearly uncomfortable. Snape turned to me and smiled.

"You all look very nice," we stood side by side. "There is a port key at the station, you'll know it when you see it." We nodded and started walking to the train waiting to take us.

We sat down in a compartment. We looked as if we were heading to a funeral. And you wouldn't think differently by our facial expressions.

None of us said a word. Not until we were far enough from the school. Matteo let out a breath. "I know we should like that guy but he gets on my nerves!" Tom just shot him a glare.

I couldn't help but smile. "Are you ok, y/n?" Tom asked slowly. "Ok?" I asked. What happened?

"From the... umm..." he motioned to his wand.

Oh, that. "Yeah I'm good." I said with a smile. "It's not the first time, and it's definitely not the last." Matteo let out a loud laugh and so did I. Tom just looked annoyed.

"Why are you guys so immature?" He muttered under his breath.

"Why are you so annoying?" Matteo shot back. I couldn't even contain myself at this point. I was laughing so hard my stomach hurt.

"This stupid thing is so itchy," Matteo complained. He was tugging at the collar of his shirt. "As soon as we get home and father dismisses us you can take it off." Tom said. "Your dress is nice, is it new?" Tom looked over at me. "I don't know, it was on my bed when I got into my room." "Same with mine." Matteo chimed in.

"I wonder who- Dumbledore, that bastard." Tom said, clenching his jaw. "Tom! Language there are children here," I said, motioning to Matteo.

Matteo let in an obviously sarcastic, offended gasp at what I said. We all laughed.

Finally we all fell asleep, except for Tom he seemed anxious. He was fiddling with his wand and clothes the whole ride there.