The Brothers Riddle Part 31

Hermione and I walked to lunch together. I examined the stone walls, the paintings that hung in them, and the people we passed to see if anything had changed in the two days I had been gone. It seemed they hadn't.

I saw Draco talking with Pansy and I scoffed at the sight of it. Hermione rolled her eyes as well. I really do like Hermione. She just gets me.

We finally reached the large wooden doors that led to the great hall. Students were sitting at all four of the tables, scattered around. We could hear bits of conversation as we passed them.

Harry and Ron were sitting together. Ron was eating and Harry was reading. As we walked towards them Ron's head turned and did a double take on me. Harry looked up and asked him something, then he quickly turned his head. Once he saw us he stood up fast. I started walking faster, so did Hermione.

Until I remembered what Father had told me. What he had told me to do. I stopped walking fast. I felt a wave of guilt wash over me. I did like Harry. As much as I know I shouldn't. I do. But if he ever found out I was with him because of my dad? I don't know what he would do.

I finally reached the trio. "Hi Y/n!" Harry said and pulled me into a hug I so graciously accepted. I hugged but tighter. "Hi Harry," I said softly, so softly only he could hear. "Are you ok?" He asked to inspect my face, then my neck but not any lower.

He held me at arms length. "Yes, Harry I'm fine," I said with a giggle. "Yeah Harry it's not like she was tortured or anything." Hermione laughed. "Yeah, I guess," Harry sighed, "But you did have to spend the weekend with Malfoy" He spat, eyeing Draco.

"He's not that bad honestly." I reassured him, or at least tried to. "Not that bad? He's awful! He made fun of Ron, goes around calling people 'mudbloods' and you're saying he's 'not that bad'," Harry said.

"Ok, ok. So he's kind of a bully, but he was raised to think that." I told them. Ron scoffed. Hermione was looking anywhere but me. And Harry was staring me down. "Never mind him, how are you guys?" I tried to change the subject. Had too. Draco was a nice person deep down, I knew it. He just acted like a jerk when around Harry.

We sat down at the table and I piled mashed potatoes, green beans, and chicken onto my plate while they told me about everything they had done this past weekend.

They were very interested in this Nicholas Flamel guy. I told them what I knew about him. They gave each other wide-eyed looks then back to me. "Tell us everything you know." Ron demanded.

"I mean, I don't know much. Just that he is an alchemist, and that he is the only known maker of the Philosophers stone." I told them while I stacked food on my plate.

"And how do you know this again?" Hermione asked suspiciously, "My um, godfather told me." I took a bite of a shepherd's pie. He didn't actually, Father had been researching him for the past year. He had an undercover death eater here at the school. I wasn't allowed to know who it was though. "Who's your godfather?" Harry asked, "Severus Snape,"

Their eyes went wide. Did I say something wrong? "What?" I asked. "I don't know how to tell you this, but your godfather- Snape is trying to steal the stone."

"He would never, yes Snape might have given that impression, but he's one of the nicest people I know, he raised me," that wasn't true in the slightest but that's what the world believed. "Snape is evil, he's a bully!" Ron urged, "No he's not!" I yelled, slamming my hands on the table.

The whole great hall went quiet and all eyes went to me. Shit. I cleared my throat, "No, he's not." I said in a quieter voice. I got up and walked out of the hall.

Harry's POV:

"Look what you did Ron." I scolded. "Me? She's the one who yelled." He sounded offended.

"Can we please not fight?" Hermione asked us, more like an order than a request. "We need to get back to work, clearly Snape is the one who is trying to get to the stone. She said it herself." Hermione said. She was right. We needed to focus on the task at hand.

We spent the rest of our study hall in the great hall. I kept looking to the doors to see if y/n would come back. I don't know why but just being with her makes me so happy. She had gone home over the weekend with her brothers.

To be honest I'm a little terrified of them, we all were. The only person who wasn't, was y/n. Even after Tom...

It really wasn't my business but they should get to treat her like that and just get forgiven that quickly.

"Harry?" Ron waved a hand in front of my face. I had been staring into space. "Y-yeah?" I blinked and looked towards them. "Are you ok?" Hermione asked. "Yeah, but not for long." It had seemed y/n had told her brothers about what had happened. They stormed through the open doors making their way down to us. I looked to where our professors might sit and the only one sitting there was Snape. Great.

"You," Matteo pointed at Ron. "Me?!" He was terrified. Hermione and I's heads spun towards Ron. Oh no, he's dead. "What the fuck did you do to our sister, Weasley?" Matteo asked, his hands slammed on the table and he leaned towards Ron. "I-I didn't do anything." Tom crossed his arms, he seemed more as a look out while Matteo did the interrogating.

"You didn't do anything, hmm? Then why did we find her venting to Malfoy about how much she wants to kill you?"

Why was she talking to Malfoy?

"I d-don't know?" Ron was desperately trying to find a way out of this and I knew that if I said anything they would probably kill me too, Hermione seemed to realize the same thing. She was silent.

"Matteo-" Tom muttered. "What?" He turned around to face his brother. "We have company." Tom said with a smile looking towards the doors they had come from to find Fred and George Weasley angrily walking to the two brothers. Percy, hot on their trail.

"Thank Merlin," Ron breathed. "Well, well. To what do we owe the pleasure?" Tom said coolly. "What do you think you're doing?" Fred asked. I turned my head to look back at Snape and it seemed professor McGonagall had joined him in watching this little debacle. I saw them exchange words then turn back to watch.

"Get away from our brother!" George yelled. The whole great hall was once again looking in this direction. "Maybe we should go," Ron suggested. "No, you sit back down." Matteo ordered. He did.

"Don't you dare tell him what to do!" Percy piped in. "This hardly seems fair, three against two?" Tom said to the three red heads. "Why don't you go bully someone your own size and not a couple of first years." Percy countered. "Why don't you three run back to your little shack and let us handle this." Matteo waved them off.

That did it. Fred's fist collided with the left side of Matteo's face. Matteo went to the floor. A little too slow.

Fred's eyes were wide, looking past us and at the two professors walking very fast towards us. Professor Snape looked furious, McGonagalk looked like she was about to slap him. Slap all of us.

Then she came running in, she looked really worried. Then she saw Matteo on the floor, Fred wide-eyed, Snape and McGonagall walking towards us, and me. She saw me and I saw her.