Stranded

The drive hadn't been long, but the sheer awkwardness of the entire ride made it feel like it had been hours to Angello.
But finally, they stopped at a building, Angello's eyes widened in surprise.

"No way! This is my stop too!" he exclaimed in fake disbelief, Zachary raised a brow and looked out the window.

"Huh.. Grace, this is the wrong address," he said, before looking to Angello, "But since it's your stop I'll help you get your stuff out." he offered.

And just like that, just in a few seconds, Angello's life was destroyed.

What now? Laugh it off and get Zachary suspicious?

"No thanks," Angello said, giving Zachary a quick smile before opening the car door and slamming it shut behind himself.

He opened the trunk of the car and grabbed one of his suitcases, then the other, before grabbing his backpack as well.
He moved his suitcases, one by one, to the stairs that led to the building, then looked back at the car one last time.

The driver was paying no attention to him, while Zachary was waving with a small smile on his face.
Angello waved back, then watched as the car drove off.

He just stared, even when the car was out of sight, he still stared to ignore the overwhelming emotions that took over him.
He remained in that same position for a few minutes, with his thoughts uncontrollably spiraling through his mind.

How would he meet Zachary again without any suspicions? Let alone, befriend Zachary so that they're constantly hanging out.
How would he possibly find the apartment building he's supposed to live in? What about his roommate who was expecting him?
Where was he? Where could he find anyone with a phone who's nice enough to let him use it?
This neighborhood looked poor, old and worn-out, how would he do anything?

There were no stores or supermarkets in sight, barely any people or cars. Just emptiness.
Angello sat down on one of the steps and put his face in his hands, quietly sobbing.

How much he'd give to be back home, tiring and horrible as it was, he didn't feel what he was feeling now. Something much more intense than confusion, and the answers to his questions weren't within reach.
Like, what would Mr. Willow do? Is Maria gonna find out that Angello's an assasin? What would happen to him now?
The path that he thought was crystal clear turned out to be much blurrier than he'd anticipated, was it even a path at this point?

The questions wouldn't stop, they just kept getting worse and more specific. More anxiety inducing, and their answers just kept getting more unknown to Angello.

Angello remained there for god knows how long, and his quiet sobs blocked all other noises, including the footsteps that were now slowly approaching him.

Angello only became aware of the new presence when the unknown person stood in front of him. He quickly looked up at the guy, who was just staring down at him blankly.

"Yo, you're blocking the entrance." the guy said.

Angello quickly nodded and stood up, but the guy's gaze seemed to be fixated on him.

"Man, you look like you could use one of those." he said, before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a pack of cigarettes.