Rodrigo Lopez

CW: child abuse (verbal abuse and implied physical abuse.)

~

It was late in the night, the only sound that could be heard throughout the small neighborhood was the deafening motorcycle engine. But that stopped, and the man parked his motorcycle and looked around.

The lit cigarette sat between his lips, his eyes scanning the apartment buildings that stood in front of him. Buildings were supposed to stand proudly, look intimidating, but these specific buildings were just sad and pathetic. And in them, lived sad and pathetic people.

His family lived there, for starters. His deadbeat dad, overly positive mother, overachieving sister.
Oh, and of course his younger brother, Angello.

There were many words to describe Angello, but the word that he found most useful to describe him was weapon.
A weapon, that's all his brother was to him.

Rodrigo grabbed the cigarette from his lips and threw it to the ground carelessly, before getting off his motorcycle.
This was a routine, now, every night he'd pick up his brother to train him.

Rodrigo strode towards the building right in front of him, but as soon as he was close enough he didn't walk towards the main entrance, instead he began walking towards the back.
The fire escape was there, and that's how he snuck in every day to get his brother.

Angello knew to wait for him already, and he knew the entire process, they'd been doing this for 2 years now.
When Angello was eight years old, Rodrigo had seen his potential to be a proper partner.

But a partner for what? Assassination, of course. Rodrigo was a successful and powerful assasin, as he'd been since he was around 17 years old. He worked incredibly on his own, that was until his brother's power became more apparent, and he now felt incomplete.

Angello's power wasn't only great and useful, but he had successfully mastered it already, since he was 6 years old he seemed to actually use it for his own benefit.
No average child did that, your power was supposed to be uncontrollable, and it was supposed to have random outbursts. That wasn't the case for Angello, and Rodrigo had chosen to take the very risky decision to finally get Angello his own blades and train him.

Blades were a family tradition, as odd as that was, Rodrigo had the whole story explained to him countless times, yet he never paid too much attention.
He didn't care how or why he got the weapon, he simply cared that he had it, and it'd help him in life.

Rodrigo had convinced their drunk deadbeat dad to get Angello his own blades at 8 years old, when the average age to get them in the family was 10, and it had somehow worked.

Now Rodrigo began climbing up the steps of the weak fire exit, his combat boots making a noise too loud for his liking with every step, but what could he do about that?

It only took him a few minutes to reach the 5th floor. Rodrigo quickly looked inside, all across the living room and what he could see of the kitchen, to make sure no one was there.

And just as always, there was no one in the living room, but he'd still have to be quick and stealthy.

He slowly opened the window and carefully stepped into the house, his boots making a small thud as they hit the ceramic floor.