The squirrel slayer of Sparrows

~

Leonardo sat in the big chair that was in the very middle of the massive office. So large that it somehow made him feel small and lonely.

He had memories of his father sitting there, all serious while working, but he also had memories of his brothers playing around the huge office, sometimes mocking their father when they were sure he wasn't looking.

None of these positive feelings were present now, even the slight admiration he felt when looking at his father during those days was completely gone. Leonardo was lonely, even if he wasn't always alone.

This was his first day in this office, his two sons and wife were safely in the house, and he had travelled all the way to New Hampshire to start learning how to become a proper headmaster. And what better way to learn than to be thrown into a situation with absolutely no safety net.

There was a knock at the door, he cleared his throat and yelled out, "Come in."

Then the door slowly opened, and a student walked in. Very rugged looking, even as he wore the uniform that was a velvet blazer and tie, a white button-down, and black trousers. He simply looked dangerous and quite violent, and the look on his face when his eyes landed on Leonardo just made it more believable that he was unstable.

"Oh hell nah," he said, "Where's your dad?"

Leonardo frowned slightly, but still maintained his composure, "Take a seat, my father's on vacation."

"Damn, all fancy, alright." he said, before quickly trotting towards one of the two chairs that faced Leo, and sitting down.

"What seems to be the problem?" he asked.

"Me." the student stated, "Last night at detention your dad said he had something special planned for me today, which sounded kinda pervy- but I figured it was some fancy manipulative punishment, so here I am, to ask when detention's gonna be." he leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms.

"Oh-" Leo's heart sunk, "Oh no. You're Rodrigo Lopez?"

The student grinned, "Oh no? Damn, you Willow's scared of me?"

"No- no, not at all." Leo stated, "You're just a handful."

A handful? Leo almost made himself laugh. This student was the blueprint for sociopathic and sadistic behavior, he'd find small animals outside of campus and kill them, then scare people with them, and he'd enjoy it. Leonardo had heard lots about him, and he'd also heard about how he was beyond difficult to handle, and actually seemed to take pride in being a complete asshole.
Although this really was odd, because Rodrigo was the son of Haylyna, Leonardo's therapist, who was a very sweet and kind woman, even away from her job. That was one of the reasons they tolerated Rodrigo and didn't suspend him, the other reason was because this was an institute for troubled young men, after all, and Rodrigo was one of the most troubled young men Leonardo had heard of. Now he was actually meeting him, and he was beyond horrified to have to deal with him.

"Yes, yes, I know- a little whoopsie daisy on my end, I'll admit. But don't you worry, I'll take it easy on you," he winked, before smirking, "Actually- I'll only murder insects I find in the bathroom till your dad's back, how does that sound?"