Vacation turned nightmare

Kamnan smiled at the little boy in front of him, who was currently showing him how to do a backflip. The only issue was that the 4 year old didn't know what a backflip was and was just spinning around himself.

"Wow- Yeah, that's great!" Kamnan said cheerfully while clapping his hands, "You really nailed those backflips."

The boy finally stopped spinning and nodded smugly, "Mhm- I'm the backflip pro."

"Of course you are!" Kamnan exclaimed delightfully, then his gaze slowly shifted from the boy to the entrance of the daycare, where he saw Julio coming in.

He pat the little boy on his head and stood up straight, Julio remained near the entrance while waiting for Kamnan, who was quickly walking towards him.

"Julio? What is it?" Kamnan whisper-yelled as soon as he was close enough.

"Hello to you too," Julio stated while crossing his arms, "I bought a car, and I know your shifts almost over, so I'm here to pick you up."

"A car-? Julio, are you in debt now?" Kamnan demanded.

"Nuh uh. I was smart and got a used car, good quality, and besides I'll decorate it how I want." Julio grinned, "Hey don't worry. I've been saving up for it."

"Alright.. okay, I trust you wouldn't do anything stupid with your money. I'll go pack up my stuff then I could leave." Kamnan explained, he gave Julio a light pat on the shoulder and turned around to go to the breakroom.

He just had to alert his coworker that he'd leave, gather his stuff, then Julio would drop him off at his apartment. He found himself hoping that Julio might join him as well, Angello was off on a trip anyway, it'd be fun to hangout.

-

Kamnan only had a purse with him for his wallet, keys, and a little notebook he liked to doodle in. It didn't take too long to gather his things, he hadn't even taken them out of the bag, but he had in fact almost lost the bag in the break room.

He saw Julio sat down in a small chair, letting two kids put bows in his hair. Kamnan felt his heart drop at that sight, it was beyond adorable, but.. he somehow felt guilty. He felt as though he'd forgotten who Julio was, with all these dates and breakups, all this drug dealing, all their predictable and repetitive arguments. He had forgotten that this Julio was the same person he grew up with, he had forgotten that he was the same Julio who was abused his whole life, the same Julio who he had hugged when he was down, the person who's scars he'd treated when they were still fresh.

Kamnan felt tears in his eyes but he quickly wiped them away. He approached Julio and smiled down at him, "Come on, I'm ready."

Julio looked up at him and stood up, "Alright, mhm, you've got some hair stylists in training down here." he joked.

Kamnan said his goodbyes to the kids, and then followed Julio out of the daycare. The guilt he was feeling was unreal, he couldn't even bring himself to focus on Julio's car, his mind was absolutely blurry. He quickly got into the passenger seat and buckled up, then sighed deeply and leaned his head back against the chair.

"Kamnan." Julio began, "I want us to go to New Hampshire."

"What- Huh?" Kamnan sat up straight, "Go do what?"