Brothers

"It better be a suite," James stated flatly while looking at Leo, "I can't settle for any less."

Leonardo sighed and looked out the car window, "You're here to see dad, and the nearest hotel to the hospital already has the suite booked."

"Maybe it's family," James said while crossing his arms, "You did mention both your kids are staying in different hotels than you and Agnes."

"You aren't my top priority, right now, James.. So if you've gotta settle for less than a suite just for a day or two then accept it, I've got a 20 year old and 17 year old to take care of already, don't need another damn responsibility." Leonardo spat, "You're too old to be this spoiled."

"20? Zachary tells people he's 21," James glanced at the empty passengers seat in front of him, "That's what my sources say."

"Sources?" Leo demanded, before rolling his eyes, "Whatever- yeah, Zachary's always done that. But his birthday's all the way in November."

"Hmm, so now he's the same age as-"

"Quiet!" Leonardo snapped, "Just- just shut up, James, I've got enough on my plate, don't bring him up. Not today, not ever, is that clear?" he demanded while turning his head to glare at his brother.

James rolled his eyes and huffed, "Yeah, big guy, crystal clear."

Leonardo leaned back in his seat and closed his eyes, but of course silence was impossible for him to achieve, and his cellphone began ringing. He quickly pulled it out of his pocket and read the caller ID, and out came a sigh of relief, "It's Zachary," he said to his brother.

James gave a simple nod, but it was clear he was uninterested

Leonardo pressed the answer button and put the phone up to his ear, "Zachary what the hell? I've been worried sick, what were you up to this time- not answering my calls!? I've got no clue where your brother is, and he hasn't been answering his phone either."

"Aw no, I wouldn't be scolding my son right now if I were you.." the man on the other end responded.

It was not his son, but it was definitely a familiar voice. Leonardo froze as the realization struck, and he simply couldn't speak.

-

"What is it, Leo? Missed me?" Rodrigo asked while grinning widely, "Oh no.. you must be thinking, how, right?"

"What- no- no.. my dad, he-" Leonardo stammered, and Rodrigo could already imagine his horrified expression.

"Yes, yes, your dad did kill me. But guess what sweetheart? I'm back!" Rodrigo declared, "You're worried about your sons, huh?" his gaze shifted over to Zachary, "I see you've made a mini you, too bad the other one didn't look too much like you, or else.. well, I would've found another way back to life, just to torture him slowly- like I'll do with this one!"

"What did you do to James- where are you!?" Leonardo desperately demanded. "Don't you dare lay a finger on my damn son."

Rodrigo put a finger on Zachary's cheek, enjoying how the other flinched at the movement, "Or what? Gonna call your daddy to the rescue like you always did?"