Stupid enough to work

The loud ringing of the cellphone seemed to bounce off the walls and spread all across the hotel suite, it was not one phone call, but several. The occupants of the suite were nowhere near it to answer the cellphone, instead they were at the very first floor of the hotel, in the bar.

Angello was sat down, swirling his drink around with a straw. He had no clue what it was, but it was strawberry flavored, and that was good enough for him. He found observing strangers boring, so instead he looked around until he found Zachary, throwing darts at a target, and missing the bullseye every time. It was both a stupid and heartwarming sight to Angello, how Zachary wasn't giving up no matter how much he was embarrassing himself.

Angello took another small sip of his drink before standing up and walking towards Zachary, he now held the drink in his right hand and took the dart from Zachary with his left.

"Hm-" Zachary skeptically looked down at him.

"You're doing it wrong," Angello stated as he put the dart between his index and middle fingers, "You're just throwing it straight at the- the red circle in the middle, you need to focus on the angle to throw it at it, and the time it would take for it to get there- and how the wind might affect it on it's way."

Zachary nodded quickly, completely focused on Angello.

"Even if it doesn't seem like it's strong here, it gets stronger with speed. And speed is another thing you're doing wrong, you need to put power into the throw so it doesn't get moved too much while it's in the air or fall down," he explained, "You understand?"

Zachary quickly nodded, his eyes gleaming with curiousity as he watched Angello, "Are you gonna throw it?" he asked.

Angello sighed and quickly threw the dart at the bullseye, "There."

"Sorry- it's just so cool!" he exclaimed, "It's like getting a private lesson from an expert."

"And I'm an expert at killing people.." Angello mumbled.

"No! Hey- no, that's not what I meant." Zachary quickly explained, "Don't get sad, today's gonna be a good day."

"I don't get sad." Angello stated, "Should we go back to the suite? It's starting to get crowded."

Zachary hummed and scanned the room, "Sure we can." he said as he nodded.

Angello walked back to the bar and placed his drink down, before turning towards the door that'd lead back to the lobby of the hotel. He looked at the entrance of the hotel, and his eyes went wide out of fear. Kamnan was here! With the guy who'd offered Angello a cigarette a few weeks back, why? What did they know?

As soon as Zachary stepped out of the bar Angello ran to hide behind him. He put his hands on Zachary's waist and peeked over to Kamnan and the other guy, who were now checking in.

"What's wrong?" Zachary asked.

"That's my roommate!" Angello whisper-yelled, "And some other guy I met when I was really really sad!"

"What- what kinda guy?" Zachary asked, "Like the kind you screw then pretend you're asleep until he leaves?"

"What!? What would I screw him to? That doesn't make sense!" Angello huffed and looked at Kamnan again, "We met and he gave me a cigarette, and he didn't even try to rob me."