Overdue

3 days after the incident

-

The driver looked back at him, concerned at the amount of flashing lights just outside the car, "Sir, will you be okay? I can park at the-"

"I'll be fine." Leonardo interrupted, "They can't stalk me at court so they stand outside a damn hospital, as if that's appropriate."

"Well, paparazzi have always been out of touch, sir." she smiled softly, "I'm sorry about Agnes, and James."

Leonardo narrowed his eyes, "What are you trying to ask?"

"Oh- I thought it was your son with the power to sense people's feelings."

"Well, when you've dealt with enough drivers, you learn they don't start conversations unless they care about something," he leaned forward, "So what is it?"

Her gaze slowly shifted towards the hospital, "Zachary's been.. spending a lot of time with that bodyguard of his that got hurt."

"And? He's just a caring person." Leonardo stated.

"Not just that, sir- the bodyguard also.. looks quite young.. around Zachary's age-" she muttered.

"He's skilled," Leonardo retaliated.

"News outlets might-"

"That's enough." Leonardo ordered.

He unbuckled his seat belt and swung the car door open. No one even waited for him to be fully out of the car to start taking pictures, the amount of flashes per second doubled as he closed the car door, and the reporters wasted no time to begin shoving microphones at his face.

"Mr. Willow, is it true you're getting a divorce?"

Don't answer.

"Mr. Willow my sources tell me that you cheated, is this true?"

Focus.

"Leonardo, do you have a girlfriend?"

Walk.

"Mr. Willow, why is your son so attached to his so-called bodyguard?"

Keep walking.

"Mr. Willow is it true that your son was stabbed?"

Almost there.

"Mr. Willow, is it true that Agnes cheated and that's why she's divorcing you?"

Leonardo stopped, he looked at the reporter who'd asked the question, although it was difficult to fully focus on their faces with the blinding flashes.

"Where did you hear that?" he demanded.

The reporter seemed shocked that she'd gotten his attention, "A close friend of Agnes."

His eyes widened, and he wasn't sure if he'd be able to regain his composure right now. Had she actually cheated? Is that why she was leaving? Maybe she still loved him, he'd forgive her, it was probably just a mistake.