Family reunion

CW: internalized homophobia.

-

Leonardo gazed out the window of the moving car, not in the mood to start a conversation with his distant wife or angsty son, all he wanted was silence. He had found out about his father's incident two days ago, when it had first happened, he was the first person to be informed after the nearest hospital, but he had simply told his father that he couldn't go to him now because of some work matters, but that was entirely untrue.

He just didn't care if his father was stabbed, in fact, he hoped it would've end his life. But he knew that wasn't possible, because due to his how misfortune, his father wouldn't die because of any wound, due to his power. Controlling blood flow, to himself and one person around him. It was a sick power for a sick person, who would often abuse it.

Leonardo knew he was expecting a reaction from him, some sort of panic, to drop all work and come at once, that's what any father would want to believe that his kids love him. Not Charles, he wanted to test Leo to see if he was "worthy" of the family companies he'd inherited, as if he didn't double the amount of companies under the Willow name during the past 15 years. His father loved and was in fact obsessed with testing him, to see if he was as worthy as Zachary.

Not his son, his brother.

Kindhearted, responsible, confident, well-spoken, he was all Leonardo dreamed of being, both when he was young and right now. He'd know exactly how to handle their father, the right words to say, the exact tone to speak in so the man wouldn't give them a hard time. But he wasn't here now, he'd never be here.

21 years since he died, yet Leo's heart still ached at how unfair it was for someone like him to die such a horrible death.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, it wasn't the time for all of these emotions, he had to keep himself together when talking to his father, he wasn't quite ready for all the criticism that'd be thrown at him in just a few minutes.

He looked next to him, at Agnes. Gently, he brushed her fair blonde hair out of her face, and gave her a small smile, which she quickly returned.

"Don't worry, I don't think he'll have the energy to yell at you today." she said.

"Looking at you already makes me feel better, there's no need to lie." Leonardo teased while grinning slighty, "Anyway- it's fine, I'm not worried. I lived my whole life like this, one day is nothing, even if it was, with you by my side I'm practically invincible"

James gagged, "Keep that flirting in the bedroom, it's nasty."

Leonardo sighed, now looking at James who was sat down on a seat facing him, "Please accept my sincerest of apologies for talking to my wife."

James pretended to smile, "Accepted, can't stay mad at you daddy." he said, then in a lower tone, "Mostly for the money."

"Of course, what else is expected from someone spoiled." Leonardo leaned back in his seat.

"Spoiled is a word for less fortunate people. I can't survive without money, it's in my DNA, I can't help it." James simply shrugged as he looked out the window again, "I see the hospital already." he ended his sentence with a small sigh.