Pure insanity

~

James looked around the table in front of him, filled with food, all for him! He smiled widely and looked at his older brother, "I was upset Leo didn't take me on vacation with his family, but now I've got the house to myself!" he exclaimed.

His older brother looked at the table, "You shouldn't have too much food in one sitting- when you're full just get up."

"Zip it, can't order me around if you're dead." James spat, then smiled and looked at the 3 chefs in front of him, who were looking at him as if he was insane, "Lovely food you made, but where's my pasta?"

"Sir- uh, Mister Maykel is making it, it'll be out in a few minutes." the chef in the middle murmured.

"Cool- you can go now, until I need you again! Bye bye!" he waved at them as they walked away.

Then James sighed and crossed his arms, "Zachary sit, I don't like you looming over me like some ghost."

"Yeah, not like I am one or anything," Zachary stated while sitting down next to James.

Although he wasn't really sitting, he was in a different dimension after all, he couldn't interact with physical objects, including chairs, even the floor of the house. So he just levitated a little above the chair and pretended he was sitting.

Ghosts were a different species, is what James had concluded, they have different capabilities and weaknesses, they have their own dimension to live in, and James was simply a human who could see the species in that dimension and interact with them.. well, he could do a lot more than just interact.

Maykel, their head chef, approached the table with a plate in his hand, and placed it in front of James, "Here you go, Mr. Willow."

James scoffed, "Mr. Willow's my brother, I'm just the unstabel uncle- sorry, not just unstable, I'm insane."

Maykel bent down a bit so him and James could be face-to-face, "I don't think you are."

James leaned back, he didn't enjoy the closeness, "Sweet, I'll make sure to tell all the news outlets that reported my mental breakdown that our head chef doesn't think I'm crazy."

"James.." Maykel stood up straight again, "My oldest son, Rodrigo, died earlier this year.. I just wanna talk to him, just for a few minutes, to say my goodbyes."

James arched a brow, then his gaze shifted to the chair in front of him. A man no younger than 25 was sat down - technically levitating above the chair - in front of him, a black blade in his right hand, sharpening another blade in his left.

He smirked, "Hi."

"Ugh," James rolled his eyes, "Nope, sorry, don't wanna talk to your son." he said while looking at Maykel again.

"Well.. fine, could you at least explain your power to me? It's so fascinating and impressive, maybe it'll give me some information about my son."

"Oh James won't you be a good little medium instead of enjoying your food while it's still hot," James said in a mocking tone, "Whatever, sit down."