20 - Mel comes over!

*Sebastian pov*

It's finally April and that means the weather will slowly be warmer.
Today's gonna be a special day, Kim doesn't know this yet, but I just left the house with a very lame excuse and I'm driving to the airport to pick up Mel!
We decided to surprise Kim and let Mel stay with us for the week. She told me she'd love to help us fix the baby's room, paint the walls and build whatever we need to.

Once I parked I got inside and bought myself and Mel a coffe and a doughnut, pretty sure she didn't have breakfast, I haven't.
"Sebby!" She says walking to me with her bag and what looks like a big backpack about to explode.
"Hey Mel, it's so good to have you here"
"I missed you guys!" She says hugging me
"Missed you too, let me grab your bags, and you can get your breakfast"
"Oh thank you!"
"Sure"
We walk to the car and I can't help but notice the weight of her backpack...I wonder what's in there...

"Is she still asleep?" Mel asks as she quietly walks into our house
"When I left she was awake, but I don't know"
Leaving her bags in the living room we both walk upstairs and I slip into our bedroom, finding Kim in bed reading a book
"Hi"
"Hey baby, I got a surprise for you"
"What is it?" She asks putting her book on her bedside table near a glass of water
I open the door further to reveal Mel standing behind me
"Oh!"
"Hi bestie!!!" Mel says sitting on the bed and hugging Kim who's crying from happiness...hormones...

I leave them be to catch up as I put Mel's things in the guest room and make sure everything she might need is in there and in the bathroom.

When I come out they are sitting and chatting on the couch so I start on our lunch...I know it's early but for what I have in mind it really isn't...
I start by cleaning the chicken, cut the pieces I need for the recipe, put them in a big bowl with oil salt and paprika and leave them to marinate while I proceed on washing and cutting salad, shred some cheddar cheese and make a yogurt sauce.
Once I've got every ingredient ready I coat the chicken first in some flour, then in eggs and then in crushed cornflakes to give it some extra crunchiness; put them in the pan and let them fry a bit, as I lay the salad and the cheese in three tortilla.
Once the kitchen is perfectly cooked I put them in a plate with some kitchen towel so it can absorb part of the excessive oil and then put it on the tortilla and top it with the yogurt sauce.

@imsebastianstan Instagram story

"That looks fucking delicious!" Mel says when I bring the plates over to the table"Hope it taste good too""It does baby" Kim says, Mel and I turn around and see that her mouth is full"Glad you like it" I say stifling a laugh while Mel actually bur...

"Hope it taste good too"
"It does baby" Kim says, Mel and I turn around and see that her mouth is full
"Glad you like it" I say stifling a laugh while Mel actually bursts into laughter
"Don't judge me...meanie..."
I sit as well and we eat the lunch talking about what we want to do in the baby's room.
Kim and I want the room to be pretty much neutral...just in case ya know, have other kids...the wall got painted a few months ago white and we just want to add dots in different colors, dark yellow, military green, dark blue and a not too bright orange. The furniture is all white, the cot still needs to be assembled, the other day I did the chest of drawers, and then we should start washing all the clothes we have, fold them and put them away.

As Kim takes a nap after lunch, Mel and I start with the paint, after putting on old clothes we each get to walls and do the dots.
"This is coming out so cute" I say and Mel nods in agreement
"He's gonna love this room"
"Yeah, we're gonna put all the toys in a chest and he can pick the ones he wants to play with and then we'll play together...I can't wait"

After a couple of hours we covered all four walls and took a much needed break, Kim made us coffe when she woke up from her nap.
"How's it coming?" She asks sitting on my lap
"Really good!" Mel says "hey you may have noticed a big backpack about to explode..."
"Yeah...I was wondering what's inside"
"A couple of things for my nephew, for the mommy...and some for you too Seb"
"Awww thank you"
Mel went to grab her bag and she showed us everything she got. There's some personalizes onesies, some burp cloths, a couple of cute pacifiers chains, lots of diapers and bath products, bum cream for rashes and lotion. Kim got some nice relaxing scented candles and a few other things that will help her after birth.

Once we knew the paint was dry we all moved into the room and we assembled the crib, put the little mattress in and the carillon above it.
It really did come out so cute and neat, I'm sure once the sheets are gonna be on the bed, all the clothes and other things in or on top of the drawers it'll be even better, but that's work for other days, for now we deserve a good dinner and a relaxing evening.

@imsebastianstan Instagram story

A/nHi guys, how are you?Hope you liked this chapter, thank you for reading!

A/n
Hi guys, how are you?
Hope you liked this chapter, thank you for reading!