03. crushes and hexes

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The next day during school, Willow made sure not to speak to Apollo at all, which he quickly noticed. He decided he would apologize to her about his outburst yesterday after school. But when the end of school rolled around, Willow was not sitting by the whomping willow.

Apollo waited and waited and waited. He waited till he realized, she was never coming. He was grabbing his things, beginning to stand up when he heard a voice. "Hello Crouch, no Evergreen today?"

Apollo knew that voice from anywhere, "Theo." He said in a mixed tone of happiness, confusion, and nervousness.

"What happened? You two are always glued together." Theo sat down beside Apollo, scooting closer making sure he was on the blanket.

Apollo looked at Theo for a moment, they had never really had a conversation like this before. "We got in a fight the other day."

"Ah, I see." Theo nodded, "She was trying to figure out what we've been up to, yeah?"

Apollo's cheeks turned a shade of pink, they were doing something, he thought of different things yet he knew what Theo was talking about. "Yeah, she's been acting strange as well though."

"How so?" Theo leaned in closer, getting more invested.

"Well," Apollo realized how close the two were, he swallowed before continuing to speak. "You cannot tell Riddle or Malfoy."

"Alright, fine, I can do that." Theo slightly raised his hands in a surrender position.

Apollo thought for a moment if it was a good idea to tell Theo. He thought he could trust Theo, at least he hoped he could. "Willow has been saying she can feel my emotions. She told me she could feel the darkness within me, could feel what I was feeling."

"Willow is a mud- muggle born though?" Theo looked a bit shocked, glancing around to make sure a few certain Slytherins weren't lurking around.

"Yes, I didn't know muggle-borns could get any sort of gifts."

Theo nodded, glancing around one last time. "No one can know. We both know if someone finds out, the dark lord will find out, and we both know he would find some sort of use for her. Especially a muggle-born with a gift."

Apollo nodded, and a thick silence between them filled the air. They only stared at one another. Apollo felt butterflies fill his stomach before Theo randomly stood up.

"I must be off. Lestrange wanted to talk to me about something."

"How is Marlo's task going along? What even is it, I was never told?" Apollo stood up, wanting to hold onto their moment.

Theo turned around, looking down at Apollo as he stepped forward. "Crouch, Lestrange was tasked to kill Dumbledore. Bellatrix Lestrange wanted her eldest son to be the one to kill the old wizard. Of course, the dark lord allowed it, Lestrange was always seen as a weak death eater."