44. cracks in the ice

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Finally, the group decided to move forward with their plan. It was time to deliver the Horcrux to Harry Potter. Mattheo however, was very against this idea. The group still left though, making their way off to Hogwarts. 

They did not want to risk apparating there, so they began their long journey on foot. Apollo was mostly stuck with Willow, and Theo and he had finally broken up. Willow tried to talk to Mattheo a few times, but he would snap at her.

Willow was walking ahead when she felt Digeo begin to walk beside her. "We should settle down soon, the sun is almost down."

Nodding her head, Willow pointed a head, "There is a small town in a few miles, we should get their in time."

Diego heard a noise, glancing up and noticing something above them. "Get down!" He quickly said as he gently grabbed will bringing her down to the ground with him.

When Willow looked up she noticed some death eaters apparating above them. Everyone quickly got down, staying low until the coast was clear. 

Mattheo stood up, yanking Willlow up. "Don't fucking touch her." He glared down at Diego who began to stand up.

Apollo rolled his eyes as he stood up watching Diego scoff, stepping towards Mattheo. "I was saving her life."

"You don't need to do it, I could have."

"Your not the best with keeping people alive." Diego looked into Mattheo's eyes with a death glare. 

Mattheo stepped forward, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well, besides killing my family and your girlfriend's, you couldn't even keep your brother alive. You got him killed too." Diego said, a slight smirk on his lips as he took a step closer to Mattheo.

The two boys were staring at each other until finally, Theo went over, moving the two apart. "Enough, we need to get going."

Willow nodded her head and began walking with Apollo. Soon after Diego nodded his head to Mattheo and walked off in the direction of Willow. Mattheo stood there and shoved Theo away, walking off after the group, leaving Theo to walk in the back.

. *     ✦ .  ⁺   .

The sun had now set, yet the sky was still an orange tint, though it was becoming darker by the minute. The group had finally made it to the small town, looking for a place to stay. Willow was glancing around the town when she noticed a calendar hung up in a nearby pub. "We missed Christmas." It was February, Willow never realized how long they had been out there, on the run. 

Diego stood beside her, shaking his head. "We are on the run from death eaters and you worried about Christmas?" His voice confused and soft, a slight chuckle leaving his lips at the end. Willow was silent, a look of sadness written across her face. There was a brief pause before stood in front of Willow, looking down at her. "We'll make next Christmas ten times bigger to make up for last Christmas and this Christmas."