25. preparing

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The cool morning air kissed Willow's cheeks, causing her to stir awake. She rubbed her eyes, adjusting to the light. Willow was lying on the far left side of Diego's bed. She turned her head, looking over to see Diego sound asleep on the far right side of the bed.

She watched him for a few seconds before standing up and gathering her things. Willow walked towards the door, twisting the door handle. 

"Leaving?"

Willow turned around, noticing Diego begin to sit up, rubbing his eyes. "Yeah, gonna get some breakfast before class."

Diego hummed, rolling over in bed. "Have fun." He mumbled into his pillow.

Willow chuckled, "Get some food at some point." she called out before walking out the door.

A strange feeling tugged at her to go back in, to spend the day with him. However, Willow ignored it, assuming she just missed beating Diego in Connect Four.

. *     ✦ .  ⁺   .

Mattheo was sitting in the great hall with Theo, Apollo, and Draco. "What are we going to do about Dumbledore?" Mattheo glanced over to Apollo, his hair messy as usual.

"I'll deal with it." The boys all looked at Mattheo. "I can handle it."

Theo raised a brow, "Are you sure?"

"I've already killed people, adding one more won't change anything."

Draco scoffed slightly, "You weren't the one that killed them, someone else did. This is different, you are killing-"

"I said I can handle it," Mattheo said coldly, swiftly standing up and walking out. 

As he stormed out he dumped into Astoria. "Oh-- hey Matty."

"I told you to stop calling me that." Mattheo adjusted his uniform, glaring at the raven-haired girl. "It's Riddle."

"Oh come on Matty, I fuck you practically every day yet you won't let me call you Matty." Astoria stepped closer, running a finger along Mattheo's chest.

"Ugh," A barfing noise came from behind Astoria causing the two to look towards her. "I'm trying to get my food, I did not need to hear that."

Mattheo's cold, angry gaze softened when it landed on Willow. They haven't spoken since the classroom. "Hey, Willow, could we talk?"

"Mm, I'll pass." She walked towards the great hall. "I'm having a good day so far, I do not need you ruining it."

Mattheo watched as Willow walked off, he hadn't seen her this happy in so long. He felt a bit angry that he wasn't the source of that happiness.

"She must have lost her virginity." Mattheo turned around, glaring at Astoria. "Good for her I guess, wonder who the poor guy is."

Mattheo turned back around, looking at where Willow was. He searched to see if any clue would give away who was making her so happy. However, she sat at her normal spot next to Apollo and Theo, Draco sitting across from them.

He wondered who could be making her so happy.

. *     ✦ .  ⁺   .

Several months have gone by, crazy how time flies. It was quite peaceful for Willow and Diego. Willow would go to class, learn, get Diego's lessons, and then at the end of the day would go to his room. Willow spent every night in Diego's room. She began gradually moving her things in. 

Diego of course did not mind, he loved the company. He wanted to be alone, but for some reason, she made him not want to be alone.

Apollo was the one to finally get the vanishing cabinet to work. They came up with a plan for how everything was going to go down.

Willow still had not gotten a letter from Dorothea, which worried her but she mushed her worry aside. Diego helped with it.

It was now the final week, three days till they would all be getting on the train, and heading back home. For some, they did not know where they would be going.

Diego and Willow never spoke about what was going to happen after the train ride. They sort of refused to discuss it, that was until the dreadful day of June 30th. The day everything was changed.

Willow woke up to banging at the door, Diego stood up from the bed and opened the door. "Apollo?"

Diego looked confused, letting the short boy come in. "Willow, I'm sorry we haven't spoken much lately. I've been busy with. . . certain business." Apollo nodded his head before glancing between Diego and Willow. "It's happening tonight. Everything."

Willow looked at Diego. The two had been trying to push out the world around them, but they quickly realized they would no longer be able to.

"Be careful tonight." Another knock was heard at Diego's door causing Apollo to shriek. Willow didn't need her abilities to tell her he was on edge.

Diego opened the door, nodding his head to the person before allowing them in. The man himself, Dumbledore. 

"Willow, I was told I could find you here." He grinned, "I'm going to have to steal you for the day."

Willow looked a little confused but quickly smiled at Dumbledore. "Alright."

"Get yourself some breakfast, then meet me in my office. I need to you clean the place up a bit if you do not mind." He walked out before waiting for an answer, Willow looked over to Apollo.

"Why the bloody hell would Dumbledore be wanting me for the day?" Apollo nor had anyone yet to tell Willow what this major plan was. But Willow was about to find out, and she didn't think it was anything good.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

a/n - Sorry for the short chapter and I don't love this chapter so much since it's just kind of like. . . boom huge time skip. But like literally nothing happens in the time from winter break to THE EVENT. So I had to do a time skip.

I posted this chapter with chapter 26 since this one was so short. I also, again about the time skip, had to just get straight to the event because I never planned for much to happen between winter break and THE EVENT. All that happens is Willow and Diego spend time together, Mattheo and Willow aren't talking, and Apollo, Theo, Draco, and Mattheo fix the cabinet and prepare for THE EVENT.

Also, I'd like to say, man is Dumbledore a dick. Bro was like. . . mmmmm hey Mattheo's crush come here I'm using you as a human shield.

Have fun reading the next chapter!

Lots of Love,
Mama Mack <33