19. apologizes

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It had been a few days since the incident. The four were staying at a hotel a few towns over from the Evergreen house.

They never left the hotel, if they ever needed anything Marlo was the one to leave.

Marlo had come up with the plan to head back to the evergreen house, to grab anything salvageable.

Dorothea however refused to go, while Willow wanted to go. So Marlo decided Diego and Willow would go back to the house but must go quickly.

Willow hugged Dorothea before grabbing Diego's hand. "You know how to apparate, right?"

"Yes," he chuckled, "don't you worry, you are in good hands."

Willow glanced over towards Dorothea one last time before she and Diego disappeared.

Suddenly they were back in the Evergreen house. Though it was destroyed and sad-looking.

The light and warmth that once filled the house was replaced with a dull coldness.

Willow quickly dropped Diego's hand and ran towards her room. The first thing that crossed her mind was Augustine.

"Williw wait!" Diego whispered and shouted, "We need to clear the place first!"

Willow ignored him and ran into her room, looking around, it was barely touched and she noticed a small object under her bed.

"Augustine?"

A small meow was heard before the cat emerged from under her bed.

"Oh thank Merlin! You are alright Augustine!" she picked the cat up and carried her out of the room. "Did they hurt you? If they even touched you I will personally kill them all, even Voldemort."

Diego stood by the door, smiling towards her, "I'm glad Augustine is safe. You need to be careful though, we do not know if any of them are still in here."

Suddenly they heard a noise downstairs. Willow set Augustine down before the two began walking downstairs, their wands drawn. When they entered the kitchen, they noticed an owl.

"What the-"

"Pansy?" Diego cut Willow off, walking towards the black owl with a let in its beak.

"Pansy?" Willow repeated. "That's Pansy's owl?"

Diego nodded his head before grabbing the letter. Opening it before reading it carefully.

Willow approached the owl holding her hand out, it rubbed his head against her hand before scooting closer towards you. "You are a very pretty bird to come from such a wretched person."

"Willow, not now."

Willow leaned closer to the bird, whispering, "Someone has a stick up their butt."