35. the day before

─── · 。゚☆: *

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

In two days, Dorothea and Marlo get married. Throughout the week at the cabin things have been off between everyone. Diego mostly stayed in his room shutting everyone out. He felt like he was reliving a nightmare over and over again, on an endless loop. 

Mattheo started to begin to notice something off about Willow, she was always "good" yet he could tell she wasn't. He mostly brushed it off, not wanting to make her talk since she had something going on. 

However, Mattheo began to pain, like a knife piercing his heart. He could not bear to see Willow like this.

The house was quiet since it was almost midnight. Mattheo walked the halls before reaching a door, lightly knocking on it. Once he heard the "come in" he walked through the door, shutting it behind him.

Willow turned to him, her glum look turning into a smile. "Hello,"

"I wanna talk," Mattheo said plainly. A moment of silence fell between the two before Willow nodded for him to continue. "what is going on?"

"Nothing, I'm fine." Willow looked slightly confused at the boy. 

He shook his head, stepping towards her. Willow was sitting on the edge of her bed so he got on his knees in front of her, holding her hands. Looking up at her he whispered, "Please, talk to me." Willow shook her head looking away from Mattheo. He gently grabbed her cheeks, making her look at him. "Please just talk."

She could feel the pain he felt, it made Willow tear up. "It's my family," A sob escaping her lips. "I think mom, dad, Ivy-- I think of them every time I look at you. I imagine their faces, how mad they would be of me." Her breath was shaky, she took a breath before counting. "I can't sleep at night. All I dream about is them, reliving that night over again, on a loop. Dorothea just got over like it's nothing, and here I am not even able to sleep."

Mattheo moved his hands from her cheeks, grabbing her hands again, and kissing them softly. "I can never ask for you to forgive me for what I did. But let me help you heal, please."

That light, that hope, she felt it again. That feeling she felt within Mattheo the moment she met him, she felt it again. Greeting her like an old friend. Willow looked at Mattheo, a soft smile growing on her lips. "I would like that."

Mattheo moved closer, pulling Willow into a hug. "Tell me everything," He whispered in her ear.

And she did. Willow told Matthoe about her family, her sister, her nightmares, and how scared she was. She even told him about her feelings for him. At first, Mattheo was a bit hurt, but he understood. "So--" he paused, "Do you want to be friends?"

"No," She quickly said. "I like you, I do." It was true she was beginning to like Mattheo again. "I just don't love you like I used to. But I want to try to again, it will just take time."

THE MIDNIGHT SKY || MATTHEO RIDDLE x OC x DIEGO LYONजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें