22. the ocean

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It had been about three weeks since they returned from winter break. Even though winter break was just over a week-long, things were completely different.

After the news of the Lyon family being slaughtered by death eaters came out, Diego changed. Willow hasn't seen Diego in so long. Theo has been getting Diego all his assignments.

Theo said he just needed space, but Willow was really worried about him.

She could feel that darkness she had felt in Mattheo within Diego after the news. Willow could not only feel the darkness, but she saw the look on his.

It was as though a switch was flipped, the once sweet kind boy she knew was replaced. Before Willow could figure anything he stormed out of the room.

That was the last time she has seen Diego.

Willow was packing all her things, her potions class had just ended. As normal, Theo walked to the front of the class asking for Diego's assignments and handing Slughorn the completed ones.

"Is he doing any better Nott?" Slughorn asked as he handed the assignments over.

Theo shook his head, "Not really, even though his family wasn't the best they still meant a lot to him."

Willow walked over, standing beside Theo. She went to grab his wrist, trying to read his mind, however, Theo knew what Willow was trying to do.

He yanked his hand away and smiled at Slughorn, "Well, I best be on my way." Theo turned on his heel, walking out of the room.

Willow just wanted to figure out what was going on with Diego. For some reason, she worried. Morning, noon, and night she worried about Diego.

It was because she valued their friendship, right?

"Ms. Evergreen, what can I do for you?"

Willow was snapped out of her thoughts, slightly shaking her head. "I was wondering if I could interview you for my history of magic assignment. We are doing the history of Slytherin, so I thought you would be perfect."

It was a bullshit excuse, there was no history of magic assignment. She just wanted to figure out if she could get anything out of Slughorn.

It was risky but she needed to figure out more about Diego, figure out what was going on.

Willow was testing her abilities doing this, a huge risk, just to check on her friend.

A good friend.

A great friend she cares dearly for.

"Of course, nothing more I love than talking." Slughorn laughed taking a seat in his desk chair. "Why don't you sit I have a lot to talk about."

Willow sat down, grabbing out a piece of parchment, her quill, and her ink.

"Where should I start," Slughorn thought for a second, "Ah, I know, I will tell you about the first students of Hogwarts. It was-"

Slughorn was cut off by the classroom door slamming shut.

"Ah, Riddle! What can I do for you boy?"

Willow turned, glaring at Mattheo as he walked towards them. "The same reason why Willow is here."

"You are working together on the project? How pleasant, come sit, come sit, I was just about to start."

Mattheo smiled, walking over and sitting beside Willow.

Willow now had to sit there, wasting her time when she could be figuring out what was going on with Diego.

It had been almost an hour of Slughorn going on and on. Mattheo would glance over to Willow who spaced out most of the time.

Mattheo was beginning to grow bored, so he pulled his sleeve back, looking at his watch. "Professor?"

"They were yes my boy?" Slughorn leaned forward.

"I apologize for interrupting but I don't know about Willow, but I am starving."

Slughorn lifted his hands, "yes, yes. I suppose I have talked enough, why don't you two get ongoing."

Willow came back from spacing out, standing up rather quickly. "Yes, thank you, professor, you have helped us greatly."

Mattheo grinned at Slughorn before grabbing Willow's bag for her. "Let's get going Willow, I am starving." He said in a sarcastic tone.

When they walked out of the room Mattheo grinned at her. "So, what were you-"

Willow cut him off, "I don't know if you forgot or something," she stopped in front of Mattheo, looking into his eyes. "But you killed my family."

"But that's not the only reason you're mad, is it?" He stepped closer, a slight smirk on his lips.

"What are you on about?" Willow crossed her arms, her eyes filled with rage.

Mattheo grinned, tilting his head. "Your mad I sold your dear little Lyon out to my father."

"Yes, that as well. You also killed his family too. You are getting families killed because of what you have done. And why are you looking at me like that?" She said in one breath, so quickly because of her anger.

Mattheo did not respond, instead, he just grinned at the girl. "Your eyes are like the ocean." He stepped closer, their faces only inches apart. "Not like the water by the shore, but when you out at sea. The water is this gorgeous deep blue, just like your eyes."

Willow glared at him before taking a step back, "What were you doing in Slughorn's classroom?"

"I could ask you the same thing, in fact, I did." The grin never left Mattheo's face.

Willow shook her head, growing more and more impatient. "Answer the question."

"Fine." The grin finally left his face. "I went to ask about Lyon."

"What? Why?" Willow was genuinely confused, why would Mattheo care?

His voice was laced with venom, "Cause no one has seen him in like three weeks."

"Is he alright?"

"How the fuck will I know, I didn't get to ask since you were there." Mattheo crossed his arms, the anger was building up in him, typical Mattheo.

"Mattheo, there you are." Draco came stomping towards the two. "We need you, we have a problem."

"For Merlin's sake, alright." Mattheo groaned walking off with Draco, leaving Willow alone in the hallway.