45. wait for your love

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Standing towards the corner were Willow and Apollo, watching the sight in front of them. "Gets our mind off of the issues we have," Willow said sarcastically, rolling her eyes. 

"Totally," Apollo said before taking a sip of his drink. He suddenly noticed Diego and grinned. "Diego!" The boy turned his head, noticing the two, and walked towards them. "Your eye on anyone particular."

"Nah, I don't even really want to be here," Diego shouted over the music. "Never been a fan of parties."

Willow looked towards him confused, stepping closer. "Really? Why didn't you protest against coming."

Diego simply shrugged before taking a swig of drink. "Theo is hopping from girl to girl." 

Rolling his eyes, Apollo scoffed, "Of course he is." He looked over noticing Mattheo standing near the drinks table alone. "Looks like someone is having a worse time than we are."

The other two turned, looking over towards Mattheo before Willow let out a long sigh. "I need to talk to him later."

"You're breaking up with him?!" Apollo looked a little excited. 

"No." Willow glared at Apollo, "I just need to talk to him about the issues going on between us."

Diego took another sip of his drink when a girl walked over towards them. "Hey handsome." Almost like it was an instinct Diego pulled his wand out and stupefied the muggle girl. 

"Diego!" Willow shouted as the group watched the muggle girl fall onto the ground with a thud.

"What?" He shrugged, "She touched me."

. *     ✦ .  ⁺   .

Later in the night, Theo became blackout drunk and Apollo took him back to the hotel room. However, Willow and Diego stayed at the bar. Diego took another swig of his drink looking out at the crowd in front of the two when he spotted Mattheo sitting in the same place. "You gonna talk to him?"

Willow looked a little confused until she noticed where Diego was looking. "Yeah, I got to."

"Do it now," Diego turned looking towards Willow. "Better to get it done now than just pushing it back."

With a sigh, Willow stood up, glancing over to Diego. "Wish me luck." She muttered before walking towards Mattheo. Pushing her way through the crowd, she finally reached the other side of the room, standing beside Mattheo.

She bent down towards him, tapping on his shoulder. "What?" He said in a harsh tone before turning his head to look towards her. 

"We need to talk."

"I do--"

Willow cut him off though, "We talk or we break up." She said in a stern tone.

With a glare, Mattheo stood up grabbing her hand and pulling her outside, till they were out of sight of everyone else. Standing behind a cold brick wall, Mattheo looked down towards her, "What is there to talk about?"

"What is there to talk about? Really? Do you not see how you've been acting lately?" Willow scoffed, crossing her arms and looking up towards Mattheo. "You're being an asshole like you have been for the past few weeks."

Rolling his eyes Mattheo stood there, scoffing before speaking again. "Could it just be, that I don't want to talk about it? I don't need to tell you everything."

"So if I'm in pain, I should just push you away, ignore you, be an asshole, and not talk about it?" Willow stepped closer to him, feeling the tears form in her eyes. "Matt, I'm here for you. I know something is wrong, I--"

"That's my problem!" He blurted out, startling Willow a little. "You invade my privacy, and read my mind and shit!"

"That-- I can feel that you are upset, there is no way I can avoid those feelings. I don't know what's going on though. I refuse to go into your mind and you refuse to tell me what's going on." Willow was getting a little irritated but tried to keep her cool. "Matt, you can trust me."

"Oh, I can?" Mattheo scoffed, looking down at Willow. "Cause last time I checked you obliviated my memory of you, what's to stop you from doing it again?"

Willow stood there frozen, she didn't know what to say. She thought they had moved on from that, water under the bridge. But here Mattheo was, bringing it back, using it against it. She couldn't blame him, but he knew her side, he knew why she had to do it. "Matt, I hated having to do that. . . you know why I had to do it."

"Then why did you come back to me?!" Mattheo moved closer to her, "Why did you involve yourself in my life again."

The cold night air wrapped around them, a chill going down both their backs. "Matt, I don't want to argue."

"Riddle."

That single word, just his last name. To anyone that statement would mean nothing to them, however to the two of them, it said a million things. Things that he did not need to say, but that one phrase, that damn last name, said it all. 

They were over, they were ending it.

The silence came back. Willow stood there in shock, feeling the tears build up in her eyes. He could feel his emotions, his anger was overwhelming. It made it all worse that she could feel what he felt. "That's it then, we're over?"

"I guess so." His voice was laced with venom, he spoke before his mind could even register what she had said. His fight or flight had kicked in, about to leave the mess he was creating at that moment like he always did.

Willow nodded her head before walking back into the building, leaving Mattheo out in the cold. She didn't know where to go, she just wanted to go anywhere where Mattheo wasn't. 

She made her way through the crowd, bumping into people as she held the tears back. With every bump, it became harder and harder to hold them back. Each time she ran into someone, it felt like a punch to her heart. She lost Mattheo.

Sitting in the same spot at the bar was Diego, he sat alone drinking the liquor from his glass. Almost instantly Diego noticed Willow, he could tell something was wrong so he left his glass behind and went to her. "What happened?"

Glancing up Willow noticed Diego coming towards her, bringing her closer to him. "We broke up," she said in almost a whisper, Diego could barely hear it over the music.

"Shit," He mumbled, "I'm sorry Willow."

Willow's hands trembled as she whipped the tears away, "It's alright, it needed to be done."

Diego nodded his head, "How about we go back to the hotel?"

"Yeah, I'd like that," Willow muttered as the two began to walk out of the building heading back to the hotel. Standing nearby was Mattheo, watching the two. Almost right after their argument, he realized what he had said, he regretted the words that slipped through his lips once she left. He went to go after her but found her with Diego before they left together.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

a/n- you guys might hate me now... sorry not sorry 

Lots of Love,

Mama Mack <333